GRE PSR-410s In The Dog House (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Then stop using the little telescoping antenna that came with the scanner and connect to something external.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
First off, I am use to getting by with little telescoping things, thank you very much.

Second, I haven't paid high cable prices for years and really do need a good outdoor antenna. May seem crazy but I use rabbit ears on a 73" TV along with Netflix streaming which sets me back a whopping $8 per month. I reckon an antenna suitable for 800Mhz could be attached to the same mast?

KD6HRI

+1 on what gmclam said. Get the antenna feed outside. I just put up a Scantenna ST2......its a broad band antenna roughly 50MHz - 1300MHz coverage and the beauty is it works great and only costs about $40. Antenna comes with 50' RG-6 and an F to BNC adapter. If your TV antenna is high enough you could bolt it to the mast below the antenna. My choice of mount was a used Direct TV satallite dish eve mount and adapting a 4" section of galvanized mast to this mount after I removed the dish.......again mount was free and install was held down to a few dollars for some simple mounting hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.