GRE PSR-500/600 discontinued??

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing from suppliers that the psr-500/600 are out of stock and won't be replenished.

Sounds like the psr-510 and psr-610 maybe on the way.

Just my guess though. No definite word yet. Could be just a focus on the 800 and a base version of the 800.

Eng74

Well if something new is on the way we might hear something with the electronics show in Las Vegas coming up in January.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but I purchase direct from GRE distributor and they are out of stock and not getting anymore.
Stores may still have a shelf full of stock for sale, doesnt mean they arent discontinued. Could just mean they are selling them till they sell out.

Guess time will tell, I will also wait for the electronics show in february.

Both models in stock and available here Scanner Radios

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but I purchase direct from GRE distributor and they are out of stock and not getting anymore.
Stores may still have a shelf full of stock for sale, doesnt mean they arent discontinued. Could just mean they are selling them till they sell out.

Guess time will tell, I will also wait for the electronics show in february.

I think Universal Radio IS a GRE distributor. I know they are a very reputable company and have a great website for gathering info for current and past models. I use them as a reference many times when I'm trying to lookup specs on an older model of almost anything radio related towards the radio hobbyist or amateur.
Now if you mean a distributor that sells to Universal Radio then I misunderstood you.

SCPD

QRT
They are NOT discontinued

Looks like the PSR500 can still be ordered directly through the greamerica website.im sure the PSR600 can be ordered too as well.

I just communicated with Raj at GRE-America and he assured me that the radios are NOT discontinued, but sales have been strong which has caused stock to become low. They expect new stock in mid January of 2012.

Craig

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Thanks for the good news.

I don't really see how that is "good news". Those scanners are over 4 years old at this point. Take a look at the 310/410 and you'll see that they are a nice improvement to the older style GRE scanners. Certainly the 500/600 could benefit from the larger LCD, bold text and other updates the 310/410 feature. Also wouldn't it be nice to have a 510/610 that support P25 Phase II TDMA?

I see it as unfortunate news, those models should've been refreshed by now, as the 300/400 were nearly a year ago.

zzdiesel

I was afraid they were going to discontinue them without new models. The PSR-800 may have Phase II support. That will probably be my new purchase in a month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.