GRE PSR 500 doesn't seem to want to scan, no audio at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

My GRE PSR 500 won't scan at all. It indicates it's scanning .But seems "stuck" on one object, even though it shows it's scanning. Secondly. When I do a search for NOAA frequencies that I know to be active in the area. It won't pick anything up, no audio at all. When I use the keypad it does BEEP . But that's all it does. What steps, if any, can I do to correct this problem?

ScannerSK

Does using the tune feature allow you to receive any frequencies in any bands? Can you hear static when you open the squelch on a NOAA frequency and turn up the volume?

From the information you have provided so far it sounds as if your scanner is not receiving any signals. If the "G" appears in the display try turning off the global attenuation by pressing function and then pressing the attenuate button on the keypad.

Depending upon the problem, reloading the firmware may correct the issue. When was the last time the scanner worked properly?

Shawn

Stavro35

1. negative.
2. correct, I am just getting a hissing noise from the radio. I did do a hard reset . And entered the frequencies for the Seattle/King county TRS . I didn't disable the wildcard. It does show that it's getting the various talkgroups. But still no audio.
3. It worked just fine before I logged off for the night Tuesday, actually 9:30 last night.
4 . I have never done a firmware upgrade.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sounds like a component died, maybe in the audio amplifier circuit. How is the static electricity in your house?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
And battery power vs. AC adapter power source gives you the same results?

Stavro35

"Logged in 2/17 but only opened it to find a cracked area of pc board. Have not gone farther but I will advise when I see what it needs." I hope this is good news for me and a fairly easy fix.

nanZor

I've had this happen from over-torqued board and case screws. When I get a new scanner I generally take a screwdriver, loosen all the case and board screws, and then gently snug them back down again.

It may not be needed in all cases, but after encountering some years ago that seemed to have been tightened with an air-gun, it's become a habit. :)

Ed6698

G&G did a repair to a old Uniden BC200xlt for me just recently. The keypad no longer worked and the BNC wire needed repair. Also found couple other things wrong and fixed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.