GRE PSR 500 Programming on State DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcov

I programmed the primary and some secondary frequencies for the state DTRS into my PSR 500. I am able to pick up some departments in the area I live (south lakewood) such as Arapahoe County, Douglas and Jefferson County, etc. but I am unable to get Adams County, Commerce City, Thornton, etc. Is it due to my location or how I have programmed the radio?

utlchris

They are primarly on the 700 MHz band. Site 322, Adams County Simulcast. Primary 775.53125. Since re-banding they have been pretty restricted on Thorodin and Lookout.

MikeyB

Chris,

I hadn't noticed about Thorodin, since I have a bank for Adams County with the simulcast site and didn't pay attention because I was still getting the Adams County agencies. Who's being blocked?

ch40n1k

Chris,

I hadn't noticed about Thorodin, since I have a bank for Adams County with the simulcast site and didn't pay attention because I was still getting the Adams County agencies. Who's being blocked?

I can only hear Thornton on the Thorodin site. The rest of Adams county I get on Smoky Hill and once in a while on Lookout ... but primarily Smoky Hill and Mt. Thorodin. I've had nothing but problems monitoring the simulcast system with my PSR-500, so I use the Thorodin site as primary when I want to hear Thornton or Broomfield. Just my 2 cents.

utlchris

Chris,

I'm not sure about being blocked rather than units not associating with the site. If you compare the two sites there sure is more radio traffic on 322 than Thorodin and Lookout.

So I'm not saying that you will hear no radio traffic on those sites but you will miss a lot depending if their are any units associated with the site or not.

Marcov

Thanks for the advice. I will program in the Adams simulcast frequency and give that a try. I am using the Win500 program and there is a drop down box for multisite mode. Should that be on?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
if your putting multiple site in a system, yes, the multisite must be turned on,

Marcov

Thanks everybody for your help. I am now getting some Adcom transmissions. I think I am simply too far away with a handheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.