Gre psr-500 release date....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBLOCK

Does anyone know the exact release date when the psr-500 handheld was released? Wondering what the first production date codes and or serial numbers would be....Thanks

mikey60

Does anyone know the exact release date when the psr-500 handheld was released? Wondering what the first production date codes and or serial numbers would be....Thanks

IIRC, the first radios to hit the store shelves became available around October 18, 2007. I'm not sure what the initial serial numbers would be or the date codes, but my radio's serial number is in the 1500 range, and the date code is 10A07.

Mike

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I have one just traded in from the very first week or two SN is 1009

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
no date code on this box i think they started at 1000 call or email RAJ at gre america he can tell you.
start at 1000 or 0100?[/QUOTE]

DonS

Huh. My PSR-500/600 serial numbers are <blank>, "Alpha No. 4", and "Beta3-003". No date codes.
;)

I suspect (but am not 100% sure) that the production serial numbers started at "1000".

dsnymj

Premium Subscriber
My PSR-500 has a serial number in the 11xx block with a date code of 09A07... somewhere between DonS and Mikey60, I'd guess! ;)

darrylcn

You've got that right!! I got it early, last Saturday. I had it preprogrammed, which saved me a lot of trouble, but I had to do some tweaking to be 100% happy with it. Global Atten was on, as was (as I had asked) every tower in our trunk system. I didn't realize the downside of those two things until I started messing around with the thing, now that I can hear trains/planes (Atten was killing them) and scan a scanlist in less than 7 seconds (the downside of having 32 towers programmed), I am blown away by this thing. It pulls in signals with the included antenna from places I couldn't hear with my SC-180 on a 100.00 antenna mounted on our deck. Took a bit of figuring out, I wasn't really feeling like I knew I had it mastered until about 4 days of ownership, but now that I have it dialed I'm as happy as I hoped I'd be. V-Scanner folders are an amazing concept. For one thing, they keep it speedy at home with only local CONV and towers enabled, but with about 4 button presses I can switch to the same for any part of the province.

FWIW, the serial is 001305, but it's on a Lectron Radio sticker that covers the original Ser. No. tag.

Last edited:

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
Mine has no date on it either? I looked inside the battery section. I had a 106 and that is where is was on that unit?

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Huh. My PSR-500/600 serial numbers are <blank>, "Alpha No. 4", and "Beta3-003". No date codes.
;)

Can you get me one of those w/ the next line-up of digitals???:D

Todd

Hazmat34

Mine should up in a few days. I'll post the seriel # and date code.

Finally up and running.

S/N 005932 and what I assume is a date cod of 161310.

I love this thing.... I'm getting stations that I never heard before even with the "rubber ducky" that came with it.

IT ROCKS !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.