GRE PSR 500 users question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjrii

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up the GRE PSR 500 and I was wondering how other users in the Delaware Radio Discussion like it. I had a 396 and this radio seems to suit my needs much better. I am also curious how others have configured the radio for DE. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

baydog

Premium Subscriber
I have both radios, each have their +'s and -'s. I think the PSR 500 does a better job with the Delaware TRS than the BC396. During the OC boardwalk fire last spring I was able to copy the OC and Worcester systems from Rehoboth using the PSR 500 and an RS 800mhz rubber duckie. The 396 with an Austin Condor couldn't pull in the the OC or Worcester systems . Just the OC simulcast.

The attached has my Sussex Co. DE TRS .mem file and one for the Delaware River and Bay Auth. Enjoy.

Attachments

jjrii

Premium Subscriber
I have both radios, each have their +'s and -'s. I think the PSR 500 does a better job with the Delaware TRS than the BC396. During the OC boardwalk fire last spring I was able to copy the OC and Worcester systems from Rehoboth using the PSR 500 and an RS 800mhz rubber duckie. The 396 with an Austin Condor couldn't pull in the the OC or Worcester systems . Just the OC simulcast.

The attached has my Sussex Co. DE TRS .mem file and one for the Delaware River and Bay Auth. Enjoy.
Thanks for the reply as well as the zip file. I agree, reception is better on the GRE. I am in northern DE and I was not able to receive PA systems with the 396. With the GRE I am able. Overall I am very happy with this radio. The audio boost comes in handy as well when I am in noisey environments.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.