Gre psr 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

I was using my 500 the other night and there was a talkgroup user talking and I have it set up so a specific LED color comes on with a specific user. Anyways when I picked it up I accidentally pushed F3, which blacked out the scanner. The LCD worked but the LED and backlight went off. I got a little worried but the next time the Talkgroup went active the lights came on, so I pushed F3 again, and black out again. It is a cool little feature, especially when driving at night because those LED's are bright. I thought I would share this little trick with all of you. It may have already been posted but this is for all the new people out there.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I found another hidden menu...hit manual, scroll to an active trunked system, and hit F2, then F3, and it will analyze the control channel signal

Astrak

I found another hidden menu...hit manual, scroll to an active trunked system, and hit F2, then F3, and it will analyze the control channel signal

Not really hidden, known about this feature since I purchased the scanner. It's in the manual.

Northerner71

I have also made a V Folder for night time, I called it "Stealth" folder. As for the menu for putting the scanner into analyze mode, good post. Newbies might enjoy that one, I know I never read manuals, I do check here for info though. All post are welcome, always great that people bring things up because I may have known something last year but forgot it, great to be reminded.

Status
Not open for further replies.