Gre psr-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonetm

So here is the problem I live in Minnesota (washington county) and I am monitoring the trunked P25 ARMER system. However the audio is EXTREMELY choppy even though the signal meter is between 3/4 to 4/4 full. Its very disappointing since I just bought this scanner and I am very frustrated. Some help would be much appreciated.

N1BHH

There are several threads which discuss this and suggest adjusting the AGC and other settings in the radio. These are the trials and tribulations of monitoring P-25, it happens all the time.

sound_efex

More than likely, your radio is just fine. Your answer lies within your question. Signal strength relates to frequencies. Audio quality relates to the signal being carried by that freq ( P25 in your case ).

I had a problem monitoring two different 400 Mhz P25 systems. One was clear as daylight and the other, which was more important to me, was intermittent. A simple solution was to tune and realign the antenna ( adjust the length and X/Y axis in relation to the scanner ). Distant conventional signals were sacrificed, but both systems come in loud and clear.

simonetm

Any chance you could link me too those threads? I've heard it might be because it is simulcast?

simonetm

More than likely, your radio is just fine. Your answer lies within your question. Signal strength relates to frequencies. Audio quality relates to the signal being carried by that freq ( P25 in your case ).

I had a problem monitoring two different 400 Mhz P25 systems. One was clear as daylight and the other, which was more important to me, was intermittent. A simple solution was to tune and realign the antenna ( adjust the length and X/Y axis in relation to the scanner ). Distant conventional signals were sacrificed, but both systems come in loud and clear.
How would I go about doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.