gre psr 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9pnn

hi i have a problem with the batteries on my gre psr 500 what do i need to do to get longer battery life i do use the ac adapter

mikey60

A few questions:

What kind of batteries are you using (NiMH or Alkaline)?

If NiMH, how old are the batteries?

How are the batteries being charged? For best results a quality external charger is recommended by most of us.

Is the battery type set correctly in the GLOB menu?

Are you running with the backlight on? If so, turn it off and use it only when you need it, or set up each object to turn the backlight on when it becomes active.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
I also strongly recommend an external charger to get great battery life ... the charging circuits in scanners just do not do as good a job.

scannerboy01

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you are using your scanner in one place for a long time, you could take the batteries out and just use the wall charger that came with your scanner.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Battery Life for PSR 500

hi i have a problem with the batteries on my gre psr 500 what do i need to do to get longer battery life i do use the ac adapter

First of all, I strongly recommend two battery brands for extended shelf life: a) Sanyo Eneloop with 2000 mah; or b) Lenmar with 2700 mah.

When I first bought my PSR 500, I was stupid enough to trust those at Batteries Plus to sell me rechargeable batteries. Batteries Plus sold me a set of AA's without telling me of the fairly rapid depletion rate. If my memory is correct, they were dead within 48 hours. I might add the batteries were outside of the radio.

Some people have informed me that they have ruined their radios by internal charging. Hence, I use an external charging system.

Sometimes, you can go to "global settings" & activate the "stealth" mode to extend battery life; however, your background light & LED will be deactivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.