GRE PSR 600 and 410 Wall Warts part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcam406

So i ordered 2 of the replacement adapters from Whistler that were linked on my previous thread about this and what was shown and what was received are vastly different. The specs are similar but i was expecting what was pictured. Anyone experience this? The model number is completely different and it ends with an "AU". Australia maybe? Any thoughts? I haven't tried them yet.

majoco

Stirrer
There's always a problem with wall-warts. They give out their rated voltage when they are using their rated current. So if your rig takes less then the rated current, say 200 mAmps from a 500 mAmps supply the then the 12 volts it should be giving may be more like 14 volts. Much better to spend a few dollars and get a regulated supply - 12 volts is 12 volts regardless of whether it is supplying 10 mAmps or 1000 mAmps. Hence my big homebrew supply that will easily supply heaps of current and still remain rock steady at 13.4volts..... hardly a wall-wart though ! :) That's it, centre at the bottom under the R7000 - anything that needs 12 volts runs off that!

Old Radios sml.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.