GRE PSR 600 Heap error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

Saturday when I went to check the CC on a TSYS system the scanner locked up and showed Heap Error 2190 1F :2197. Currently I am unable to scroll thru the Freqs for the CC or if I press scan Im getting the above screen. At that point I have to shut it down and restart it . Still scans fine, turned in a Ticket to GRE was wondering if anyone had a experience with a message like this. Thanks Hoser

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if you have the same problem I have now. I had a problem a few weeks ago with error on some stuff. I had to reset the scanner and it didn't have to redo the radio knock on wood. I can't remember how I did it.

Patch42

I can tell you it's a software error. I've seen way more of those than I'd ever care to admit. It's nothing you did and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it beyond report it as you already have.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I had heap error problems about two weeks ago, and it drove me nuts. Not sure what went wrong. I reloaded the firmware twice. On the second time, the problem disappeared and hasn't come back so far.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

hoser147

Thanks

Thanks guys I kinda figured that after I googled the heap code. Jack at GRE got back to me last nite and advised that it was software related, usually a corrupt file or parts of. So after I hear back from GRE, Im going to strip it out and reload it and see where it goes from there. Allen glad to hear it worked out for you. Till this occurrence the only heap I was aware of has steam coming off it. :lol: Thanks for the replies I gotta give GRE a +1 for their prompt replies to issues,and maybe this thread will help some others down the line. Good Scannin Hoser

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Heap errors are commonly due to TG's assigned to systems which do not exist. WIN500 permits this to happen so sometimes when you make changes in the software and go to upload this occurs.

michar

G r e heap code

TO ALL: Had a problem with heap code showing up. What I did to correct it was, 1st, upload nothing to the scanner. This cleared the memory and on reboot. It showed that the scanner had nothing in memory
I then loaded on the 2nd time all the files I wanted to scan. Folks, its works. No heap error codes, all restored to normal and scanning as usual. Mike in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.