GRE-PSR 600 Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

enlo0003

New to programming digital scanners and use ARC-Pro currently to do some of my programming, but confused on entering codes from AMER and state patrol. Can anyone assist me in understanding how to do this. Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I be leave the codes they are talking about may be what is called a TAG ID # for each Department.
A code / tag # may look like so ( 1441 or 10, ) or any combination of # 's for each department , Hope this helps.

enlo0003

Programming Help

I understand how to program the numbers like 853.2340 but I have noticed like on the state patrol it has letters. How is that programmed in?

SCPD

QRT
If your scanner is like the pro106, on your key board the numbers have letters above them , #1 don't have any letters. find the letter you need above the number, push that # ,if the letter is the 1st one on that #,push
#1, if it's the 2nd #, push # 2, if it's the 3rd # push 3, & so on . Hope this helps

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Since you are a premium subscriber and have the software (and even though you don't say, I presume you have the cable as well), you should just be able to download the sites you want and then the talkgroups you want directly from the Radioreference Database.
You mention something about letters, if you're talking about the letters under the "HEX" column, then you do not need to worry about those numbers for your scanner. But if you are talking about the letters in the "ALPHA TAG" column, those should automatically download to the software when you download the info from the RR database. The letters in the "Description" column is a general description of that particular talkgroup and will not be downloaded.

Hope this helps.

David

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR

New to programming digital scanners and use ARC-Pro currently to do some of my programming, but confused on entering codes from AMER and state patrol. Can anyone assist me in understanding how to do this. Thanks

First of all, I want to welcome you to RR. Since I've monitored Minnesota, more specifically, the Minneapolis area, I can tell you that you have a fantastic statewide system to monitor. The best thing of all is that there seems to be an active scanning community that have group meetings. I don't know if these are still being held up there.

I strongly recommend using Win500 programming software due the scope of the effort. In order to effectively program a statewide P25 trunking system, it is important to find the intersection points within your area of interest. You can find these tower sites at the top of the following page in the area directly below the "system frequencies." Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies

Here, you will see a series of orange-colored markers. Site Map: Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota

If you zoom in on this map & find the sites for your listening area, you can load them into the radio. It should be noted that the blue and red frequencies are the ones that need to be loaded into the radio. Since this is a massive system, the total number of frequencies that can be loaded for each trunking system (TSYS) needs to be 32 or less. I might add, this is a rather daunting task, even with programming software.

Like WIn500, the system frequencies are located in the upper section of the page while the corresponding talk groups (channels) are listed below. Within the talk groups section, you will see several columns. The first column represents the talk group (channel) of the various agencies that utilize this system. If you were to put "24100" into the "find on this page" section of your browser, it would land on "Statewide Tactical 4 (beneath the description column). These are the various talk groups that need to be entered for each trunking system you load.

If I were you, I would start off with a smaller radio system or conventional frequency to get the hang of how to "web import" the data.

I am going to leave you with two important hyperlinks for your radio: WIN500 - UtahRadio & Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Although this is a very involved process, it will pay off. You have a very robust area to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.