GRE PSR-700 Obsolete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irescueu911

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. It's been a while since I updated this scanner. I only really use it to monitor the Fire Dept., Skywarn in bad weather situations and my local airport. EZScan software is seemingly nowhere to be found. I only need to update the database. I can pick and chose what to monitor within the scanner. Is this possible?

If not able to update anymore, anybody have any recommendations for a small portable scanner with a nice alpha screen like the PSR-700? I like a clear alpha display of what I'm listening to. I don't need digital for Aviation, my local Fire Dept or Weather Spotter frequencies. So not looking for anything fancy... just easy to use and compact for travel. The 700 is so nice for keeping in my pocket when at the Fire House.

Thanks much!

JamesWest

Hi all. It's been a while since I updated this scanner. I only really use it to monitor the Fire Dept., Skywarn in bad weather situations and my local airport. EZScan software is seemingly nowhere to be found. I only need to update the database. I can pick and chose what to monitor within the scanner. Is this possible?

If not able to update anymore, anybody have any recommendations for a small portable scanner with a nice alpha screen like the PSR-700? I like a clear alpha display of what I'm listening to. I don't need digital for Aviation, my local Fire Dept or Weather Spotter frequencies. So not looking for anything fancy... just easy to use and compact for travel. The 700 is so nice for keeping in my pocket when at the Fire House.

Thanks much!

good up to 512mhz.

fredva

Feed Provider
If I'm not mistaken, iScan was the original software for the PSR-700, and that software is no longer supported and will not connect to the RadioReference database server. EZScan is the replacement, but I'm skeptical that it will work with the PSR-700. Whistler has an upgrade program for digital GRE and Radio Shack scanners that allows them to use EZScan and continue downloading from RadioReference, but the analog PSR-700 and the analog PRO-107 are not included in that program. You could try calling Whistler and see if they could help. I think this thread is related to your situation: Radio Shack Pro 107 Scanner

wthclt

Premium Subscriber
I used the Whistler software for ws1088 and updated the database and then copied the database file to my pro-107 sd card and it now has the updated info. Using the iScan software for update or firmware does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.