GRE PSR 800 and OPP Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi everyone hope your all enjoying the Xmas holiday. My PSR 800 has an issue with scanning OPP. When it scans it only picks up OPS40 (Caledon) and OPS38 (Aurora) I'm using the Britannia tower so I don't understand why it only scans those two. Once in a while it will scan the other talk groups but they are displayed as patches which I find weird some help would be great!!

SCPD

QRT
Hi everyone hope your all enjoying the Xmas holiday. My PSR 800 has an issue with scanning OPP. When it scans it only picks up OPS40 (Caledon) and OPS38 (Aurora) I'm using the Britannia tower so I don't understand why it only scans those two. Once in a while it will scan the other talk groups but they are displayed as patches which I find weird some help would be great!!

Is this a recent issue that has come up? off that tower you should always get the Port Credit/Cambridge patched talkgroup, maybe the cruisers on the Toronto/Whitby patch aren't roaming into Missisauga as much?

What about other users like EMS?

SCPD

QRT
Tech, EMS is fine I can get very talkgroup (patches TAC Channels, etc...) I even hear Toronto CACC. On the other side of things with OPP it's been going on i'd say for the past year. I program MTO enforcement so I can hear OPP because there patched but I get the same issue I get stuck with Peel OPS and York OPS

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Hi TAC 66, Nothing out of the ordinary here on my 996XT..

I am also on the Britannia tower as I am in mississauga as well (Bloor and Fieldgate) area.

I usually leave it on 1OPS44 Port Credit as it has the most relevant info for the area....

But if I do scan, I still get all of the detachments...

Cheers,

Jason

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Doesn't make sense, something isn't correct because you can hear the Port Credit/Cambridge, Toronto/Whitby, Burl/Niagara patches along with the talkgroups you mentioned.
I am not running Trunk 88 on Miss Britannia at the moment so I couldn't tell you if there are different patches set up. I can remember on some holidays that the Aurora was patched with all kinds of different patches ,they normally are stand alone.

SCPD

QRT
Doesn't make sense, something isn't correct because you can hear the Port Credit/Cambridge, Toronto/Whitby, Burl/Niagara patches along with the talkgroups you mentioned.
I am not running Trunk 88 on Miss Britannia at the moment so I couldn't tell you if there are different patches set up. I can remember on some holidays that the Aurora was patched with all kinds of different patches ,they normally are stand alone.

I totally agree it just doesn't make sense I was beginning to think that's maybe it's the way my scanner is setup. On EZ Scan it's displaying FleetNet as a mixed analog/digital which the system is. I get a funny feeling that it's confusing the scanner and telling it only to scan the analog side of the system. That's one possible scenario if that makes sense. What if I just set the system to digital I wonder what would happen or even auto?

The second reason I think this might be happening it's something to do with the control channels. Maybe something is up with them??

I'm kind of running out of ideas.....

SCPD

QRT
I'm just having a look at EZScan now I really think that it has to do with the setup.

Here's a screenshot of the setup below does this look normal? because I'm not a FleetNet expert lol

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 246

SCPD

QRT
We'll I just was scanning ops44 on its own and I heard calls no hearing anything when I scan normally. Maybe that's the issue here

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
We'll I just was scanning ops44 on its own and I heard calls no hearing anything when I scan normally. Maybe that's the issue here

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Someone here must have a PSR-800, I cant help you cause I don't have that scanner.

Does your scanner not allow you to pick out an area, as in using your postal code?

If you type in a postal code that is in Mississauga, use L5L 5Y1, it will automatically make your scanner pick Mississauga and it should immediately allow you to scan the Brittania tower.

Sometimes I can monitor the Cambridge/Port Credit patch here off the Charlton tower, sometimes not but when it is affiiaiting with Charlton its extremely busy.

ATCTech

Watching site 9 using Unitrinker, there's a patch in place this afternoon creating a single dispatch for Port Credit and Burlington (5I and 5C) including calls on the 401 right out to Guelph Line using OPS39 (Burlington).

There's nothing to be seen or heard on OPS44 while this patch is on place, and no sign of Cambridge 5E calls. I'm wondering if this might be a new arrangement replacing the Cambridge/Credit combination of old. Flashback to the days of the Milton detachment closing and the Burlington radio room doing the dispatching, before it was also shut down,

ATCTech

That I haven't put my finger on yet, but I thought the new T/G combination might be a starting point. Can you get OPS39 on any other tower right now? it's alive on Ballinafad,for sure & I fully expect Fonthill as well.

I haven't found the 5E Cambridge units anywhere east of the Guelph tower so far this afternoon, wondering if they've been reassigned to London comm center.

ATCTech

That I haven't put my finger on yet, but I thought the new T/G combination might be a starting point. Can you get OPS39 on any other tower right now? it's alive on Ballinafad,for sure & I fully expect Fonthill as well.

I haven't found the 5E Cambridge units anywhere so far this afternoon, wondering if they've been reassigned to London comm center. Time to check the Guelph and Cedarwoods towers for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.