GRE PSR 800 buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsky109

SO I have been listening to my old RS Pro 528 scanner and the local PD went Digital P25 on me. So I researched and almost bout the Pro 106 model and figured that I could spend a little more money and get the PSR800. I believe it should be a better radio and can't wait till it arrives. I found it over at JR Audio for $394.88, free shipping. I figured I couldn't pass up on the deal. Now I guess I need to read more and more about the radio. What is the best software to use with it? It looks like it comes with EZSCAN software. I guess I need to read more.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Congrats on your new radio! I know you will love it as much as I love my 2.

Yes, EZScan comes with it. It's a great tool for programming the 800, and I really haven't found any problems with it.

I would recommend watching the gentleman's videos GRECOM PSR-800 Digital Trunking Scanner Unboxing: Video 1 - YouTube
There are 8 Vids, and they will get you comfortable with the radio before you get it in the mail.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Gre psr 800

I have both the 106 and 800. They both do a good job in my simulcast area. The 800 software is good, but less user friendly than the ARC500 for the Pro 106. Be prepared for a learning curve after using a conventional keypad when you use the PSR 800, both in scanning and in programming without the software. The biggest thing for me is not being able to change the scan list as you listen with the 800, but having the entire database on the SD card is nice for traveling without a computer..

rwier

............................................................. not being able to change the scan list as you listen with the 800.............................

Can't wrap my mind around that part, could you elaborate?

Thanks,

Rob

bigsky109

Great replies. Thanks guys. I am well versed with computers and I am very comfortable using them to configure and program other devices, in fact I would rather use the PC to configure than to use a bulky number keypad to enter each frequency by hand. I have check Youtube for the videos and have watched most of them. Looks pretty straight forward and I can't wait for it to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.