GRE- PSR-800 Need Help with FD in Lake County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake01

I live in Lake County, Ohio. I have Trouble with the FD in Concord/Leroy. I hear the [FIRE DISPATCH] but when they get to the fire, I don't here, [FIRE TAC]-fireground tactical and on scene communications, including combined fire/ambulance operations] and [FIRE TALK]- fire talk-around and car to car operations, chief, supervisors, ect including, combined fire/ambulanance operations] can someone help me. I would appreciate it. Thank You

Nasby

Jake,
You should post this question in the Ohio forums.

There are a couple of nice members from the Lake Co. area that have PSR800's and could probably help you out.

Off the bat, it may be that you are too far away to hear channels like talkaround and fireground. Most of the time, these "on scene" channels are simplex with portable radios that only put out 5 watts.

Whereas the dispatch channels goes through a repeater tower which has more coverage and higher wattage output. A better antenna may help you to receive the "on scene" tactical channels.

jake01

GRE- PSR-800 Need Help Prouble with FD

Thank You for the come back , but how do I get to the Ohio Forums, I don't know how to do it and will they let me post two of the same think. Thanks

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your thread to the Ohio forum.

If you ever need a thread moved, use the Report Post icon (small triangle in upper left of your post) and a Mod will move your thread.

Reposting your question, as suggested above, will draw the wrath of a Mod for cross-posting the same topic to more than one forum. There's a sticky thread at the top,of every forum which explains this.

Good luck. Hope you get the answer you need.

LZ56

Premium Subscriber
I live in Lake County, Ohio. I have Trouble with the FD in Concord/Leroy. I hear the [FIRE DISPATCH] but when they get to the fire, I don't here, [FIRE TAC]-fireground tactical and on scene communications, including combined fire/ambulance operations] and [FIRE TALK]- fire talk-around and car to car operations, chief, supervisors, ect including, combined fire/ambulanance operations] can someone help me. I would appreciate it. Thank You

I don't have a PSR-800, but the most obvious question is ... are you scanning Lake County's MARCS IP (P25) 800 mHz digital trunked system, or are you only scanning the 46.14 mhz dispatch?

jake01

GRE-PSR-800 Need Help with FD Lake County, Ohio

I am scanning [System Name] Ohio Marcs-Multi-agency Radio Communications P25 [Type] Project 25 Motorola X2-TDMA [City] Various.Not the 46.14 Relay Dispatch.I would like to know what they go to after they get to the fire, so I can program it in my scanner, so I can here them at the fire. They must go to something else at the fire to communicate with there other personal at the fire. I don't know if they go to Simplex,Trunked [Fire Tac].[ Fire Talk] or ect. How can I find out?Maybe someone out there knowsThanks, Don

kf8yk

Lake County fire talk-around is 851.5125 MHz (8TAC91D). If they do switch to this frequency you would have to be very close to a scene since this is low power simplex.

rr1965

I have a psr 800 and I primarily listen to all Lake County FDs. I have all of their talkgroups programmed in along with the county TAC channels, all pulled in from the MARCS-IP system. I hear everything that you mention from those talkgroups. I live in Madison and I even have a scan set programmed for the Madison/Perry talkgroup and the TAC channels in case I don't want to hear the rest of the county. You should be able to do that for the Concord/Leroy talkgroup.

jake01

GRE-PSR-800 Need Help with FD in Lake County

Lake County (43) Common Talkgroups

DEC

HEX

Mode

Alpha Tag

Description

Tag

27510 6b76 D 43 Tac 1 Countywide Tactical 1 Interop
27511 6b77 D 43 Tac 2 Countywide Tactical 2 Interop
27512 6b78 D 43 Tac 3 Countywide Tactical 3 Interop
27513 6b79 D 43 Tac 4 Countywide Tactical 4 Interop
27514 6b7a D 43 Tac 5 Countywide Tactical 5 Interop
27515 6b7b D 43 Tac 6 Countywide Tactical 6 Interop
27516 6b7c D 43 Tac 7 Countywide Tactical 7 Interop
27517 6b7d D 43 Tac 8 Countywide Tactical 8 Interop
27518 6b7e D 43 Tac 9 Countywide Tactical 9 Interop
27519 6b7f D 43 Tac 10 Countywide Tactical 10 Interop
54573 d52d D XSO-43 Lake County Statewide Interop Interop

Is this, what I want?

rr1965

Yes those are good ones to have. Especially TAC 8 for I-90 freeway incidents. Keep in mind those are county wide so you may sometimes hear PD communications as well.

I also have plugged in the following:

27558 Staging-this is used when a dept declares a MABAS

27559 Helo Comms

I assume you have already programmed 27546 which is Concord/Leroy FD talkgroup.

Another thing to consider, Concord will run automatic mutual aide for surrounding communities. When they do that, they will switch over to that communities talkgroup.

Hope this helps. If I have any holes or have something in error I am sure someone will chime in :).

jake01

Gre-PSR-800 Need Help with FD in Lake County

Thanks a lot for helping me it helped a lot. I had the Tac in , but must have been out dated, had only 5 tacs in it .I live about 200 ft from I-90 hope to here them on I-90.

I have 27558 in but it is saying it is PainTwpFD 1A. I don't know what MABAS is?

I have 27559 in,it is saying 43 AirMed, Lake County air medical ops. I guess.Helicopter.,

I have 27546 in for Concord/Leroy FD taalkgroups, with a lot of others also

You have been a lot of help for me ,if you see I am doing anything wrong , let me know.

I will try to put this in , and see how it works. Thanks again.Don

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
All lake county fire departments use their main channel for normal operations. They typically will not change operations unless like said previously that they will go to Tac 8 for I-90 during this mess they call construction or a bigger event like a MABAS alarm. To that note, when a MABAS is dropped lake county central will automatically assign Tac 1 and 2 to the incident command and will also have the staging channel if it goes to second alarm or greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.