GRE PSR 800 Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Noticed a couple of months ago that something internally is bulging up into the LCD making the screen obscured and can't read Radio ID's at times, how do I fix this?

Attachments

• 1408467866967.jpg
    1408467866967.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 518

IowaGuy1603

This is a known problem-----------------------search back on the GRE thread (the one you are in now) and it gives instructions on how to fix it.

Hint: you have to partially disassemble the unit............

kb8rvp

I have had three PSR-800 scanners and have never had this problem and I charge the batteries in an external charger. I have helped a couple of friends that did have this issue and they charged the batteries inside the scanner. When they do the heat seems to migrate up inside the scanner and warm up that tape and then it starts too slid around inside the scanner.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
I have had three PSR-800 scanners and have never had this problem and I charge the batteries in an external charger. I have helped a couple of friends that did have this issue and they charged the batteries inside the scanner. When they do the heat seems to migrate up inside the scanner and warm up that tape and then it starts too slid around inside the scanner.

Mike

I've never really liked the external power source,always charged the batteries in an external charger, It got dropped once, and is left in a hot truck for long periods of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.