GRE PSR 800 Stuck buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi everyone I have a PSR 800 the select button seems to be stuck. I've tried pressing it down by which unsticks it but now that doesn't seem to work?

Like I've had the radio for a year I have so many problems with it and the bottom line is should I just sell it?

SCPD

QRT
odd

Sounds like you just have a bad one,I beat the crap out of my buttons and it still works.Why not try and find a set of buttons on ebay and replace em?Did you try to clean around the buttons ?Or just wait for Whistler ,maybe you can just send it to them to fix.

SCPD

QRT
q

Lemme ask you this,did it get spilled on?If it did,I would take it apart and clean the cabinet parts with soap and water on cabinet .Use only a product called Blue shower on the electronics buttons,this is electronic cleaner.If it didnt get spilled on,I would try to replace the buttons or have them replaced if you dont have electronics tech experience.If you cant find a tech,I live in NJ.If you dont feel thats what you wanna do,I would wait until whistler begins operations and send it to them.Cause you will loose money selling it broken.

SCPD

QRT
Good point well I'll be honest that I did spill coffee on the speaker about 6 months ago. I was able to wipe it off thankfully it didn't affect the speaker at all so I don't get why the buttons are sticking. I will open up maybe Friday night when I get some time and see what the problem is. Now if I did sell in its current condition how much do you think I could sell it for?

SCPD

QRT
q

Good point well I'll be honest that I did spill coffee on the speaker about 6 months ago. I was able to wipe it off thankfully it didn't affect the speaker at all so I don't get why the buttons are sticking. I will open up maybe Friday night when I get some time and see what the problem is. Now if I did sell in its current condition how much do you think I could sell it for?

Depends how good it looks,I suppose,I'd sell it for best offer on ebay
I think its an ez fix if I didnt have mine,I'd buy it up.I just got aor 8200 messed up on ebay and Im fixin that to new with a new cabinet and ribbon cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.