Gre psr 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2fob

Seems there is no audio output other than the headphone -speaker jack. Am I correct that there is no fixed audio level output (often labeled tape or record on other scanners.) I have found the fixed level output is ideal for an audio feed to Radio Reference. Did I miss something? Is there another audio output on the USB or something?

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Seems there is no audio output other than the headphone -speaker jack. Am I correct that there is no fixed audio level output (often labeled tape or record on other scanners.) I have found the fixed level output is ideal for an audio feed to Radio Reference. Did I miss something? Is there another audio output on the USB or something?

No, you are correct, there is no "line level" output jack on the scanner. Personally, I don't find this to be a problem.

jackj

Now why would you spend the extra bucks for a handheld scanner and then use it for a Radio Reference feed. Kind of defeats the purpose of a handheld doesn't it?

SCPD

QRT
The audio quality on the 800 system here is 100x better. My feed showed it when I was feeding it.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Now why would you spend the extra bucks for a handheld scanner and then use it for a Radio Reference feed. Kind of defeats the purpose of a handheld doesn't it?

Maybe he needed the ability to monitor a Motorola x2 TDMA system and since there are no other scanners that will work in those, he bought what he needed?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.