GRE PSR500 Power cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYgirl89

Anyone know where I can find an AC power cord for a Grecom psr500 scanner? I am in Canada and have checked the usual places like The Source. Any suggestions? Thanks

ScannerSK

I found a nice one on Amazon. Hopefully they have it on the Canadian version.

My only concern with the one on e-bay is that it appears to be regulated while the original adapters are unregulated so therefore put out a higher voltage. The difference could affect the charging circuit of the scanner. I just checked the voltage on my original PSR-500 adapter and the output when not under load reads 14.16 VDC. Just something to consider.

DJ11DLN

I used to use a wall wart from a big box store on my Pro-651, basically the same radio. Find the correct tip, polarize it properly, set the selector to 6V and off to the races. These can typically be had for less than $10 and I had zero issues with it until my granddaughter knocked the scanner off my desk one day. Now it won't work with any external input to the power jack.:(

FLYgirl89

I used to use a wall wart from a big box store on my Pro-651, basically the same radio. Find the correct tip, polarize it properly, set the selector to 6V and off to the races. These can typically be had for less than $10 and I had zero issues with it until my granddaughter knocked the scanner off my desk one day. Now it won't work with any external input to the power jack.:(
Oh no!

Status
Not open for further replies.