GRE/Radio Shack programming cable drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppafred

The FTDI website has changed the drivers they make available from the link on the StarrSoft website. The version 2.04.16 driver set has been replaced with v2.06 and I could not get it to load on my new laptop.

Luckily, I had saved the 2.04.16 executable file on my hard drive of my PC and was able to retrieve it with a thumbnail drive and install the drivers.

My Win500 installation is working fine now but if I had not saved the driver file earlier, I could not be using Win500 with my scanner on my new laptop today.

qlajlu

Silent Key
GRE America Web site has FTDI Driver ver. 2.04.16. Run a search for USB Cable Drivers in the Support section. Hopefully, they will not change it.

poppafred

That's why I posted my comment. I have no idea which device is in the programming cable.

Radio Shack doesn't tell you which chip is used. GRE apparently still has the driver available but if you go to Don's web page and click the link for the drivers on the FTDI web site, you get a driver you cannot install.

At least *I* could not get the laptop to install it. None of the .inf files would permit installation.

Just glad I found it on my external hard drive where I store a bunch of stuff just for cases like this.

SCPD

QRT
Just dl the file where it says Also available as a setup executable on the far right near the top, dated Nov 3,2009

Status
Not open for further replies.