GRE Released New Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

weisej

This is for the PSR 500/ 600 only isn't it. Correct me if i'm wrong but the firmware is not interchangeable between the PSR 500 and the Pro 106. Or is your question asking when will RS come out with a new firmware for the pro 106? I was wondering this same thing the other day...

al95

This is for the PSR 500/ 600 only isn't it. Correct me if i'm wrong but the firmware is not interchangeable between the PSR 500 and the Pro 106. Or is your question asking when will RS come out with a new firmware for the pro 106? I was wondering this same thing the other day...

Its was a question. When will RS release this update?

fwashburn

i have been trying to find out from radio shack all day and have not been able to find anything. Radio shack is unaware of any updates for the 106. I am supposed to call back tomorrow and talk to someone in corporate. I have talked with someone from GRE of America. And they said Radio Shack should be releasing the update in just a couple more days.

Astrak

Yeah I received an email from GRE stating that RS has them, but they don't know when they will post them. Then states that is why it's better to buy from GRE lol, I would have to agree. So it could be a couple days or a couple months who knows.

mattb

Yeah I received an email from GRE stating that RS has them, but they don't know when they will post them. Then states that is why it's better to buy from GRE lol, I would have to agree. So it could be a couple days or a couple months who knows.

That's funny. I remember this kind of delay with the last firmware update. Who knows what will happen this time.

pogbobo

want to know why i got a pro106 i.so. a psr500? b/c RS took a $200 hit when they sold me my scanner for $299 (that's right, $299) during the uber-mega-monster sale of 2009 ....... i call that a win ... so I can wait a few weeks for some updates

:D

Astrak

want to know why i got a pro106 i.so. a psr500? b/c RS took a $200 hit when they sold me my scanner for $299 (that's right, $299) during the uber-mega-monster sale of 2009 ....... i call that a win ... so I can wait a few weeks for some updates

The GRE come's with the programming cable and the 9v AC adapter. Yes during that great sale it was better to get the RS 106 but now it's better getting the GRE.

N8IAA

Why do all these negative posts regenerate when a new update from GRE happens? Ya'll know it ain't going to happen overnight with RS. There are those of us who are willing to wait. Of course, those who don't want to wait have the option to buy a PSR500/600:D
Larry

rmiller818

Same here!

The GRE come's with the programming cable and the 9v AC adapter. Yes during that great sale it was better to get the RS 106 but now it's better getting the GRE.

Not if you already have such accessories. Why would I need 2 or 3 more programming cables?

Why do all these negative posts regenerate when a new update from GRE happens? Ya'll know it ain't going to happen overnight with RS. There are those of us who are willing to wait. Of course, those who don't want to wait have the option to buy a PSR500/600:D
Larry

Exactly! This is what gets me, it is not like your scanner is totally useless now and this firmware update will magically make it perfect. Just be patient, it will come.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Got this email from RS:

Per our buyers group, we received the files and information from GRE on March 18th. We are currently testing to ensure proper operation before posting the files and instructions to RS.com for download. We do not have a ETA as of today when it will be posted.

mattb

Larry

I can't help but wonder that without these threads, and peopele contacting RS, that the firmware updates would not be posted.

weisej

Not sure if the pro 106 update will be exactly the same as the PSR 500 but this is what the PSR 500 release was.
-Adds patch support for P25, Motorola and EDACS trunking

-Changes CCDump type string to "EDn" if "narrow invert" is turned on

-Corrects LCD “mirror image” issue

mbs0113

Looking at the last update (1.7) GRE updated their scanners on June 4th 2009. RadioShack didn't release the update for the Pro-106 until July 9th 2009. It looks like we may be waiting up to a month.

RadMarv

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the last update (1.7) GRE updated their scanners on June 4th 2009. RadioShack didn't release the update for the Pro-106 until July 9th 2009. It looks like we may be waiting up to a month.

Or waiting up to 5 months!!!

Check out the release dates for the PRO-163/164 vs the PSR-300/400.

Then check the dates on the RS PRO-300 unarchived files and note they have the same dates as the GRE release files.

I own a PRO-106 but I am glad I recently purchased a PSR-500!

With the RS buyout "RUMOR" to Best Buy, I just hope that GRE will release ALL GRE manufactured scanner firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.