GRE Releases PSR-500/600 CPU Firmware U1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I think the selectable P25 mute idea is a good one.

Maybe the idea behind the removal of the ProVoice talkgroups was to avoid the possibility of data noise, somthing easier to do than muting the P25 noise under the current configuration.

DiGiTaLD

Just one tiny bit I want to chime in on about encryption: On Motorola Type II systems, any "status bit" value > 7 indicates encryption is in use on that talkgroup. That's part of the trunking data sent out, so it's going to be there.
Right. The radio will only know that on a Motorola Type II system though. Not the case for P25 trunked or P25 conventional.

When the radio does take notice of encrypted talkgroups on Motorola Type II systems (analog voice, mixed-mode, or all digital voice) it does not follow talkgroups whose call announcements contain status bits for encryption - but this is strictly for Motorola systems.

The PRO-96/2096 did this too.

ve9arb

PSR-500C/600C Users

Hello to all Canadian users of the PSR-500C/600C:

Hi I have a psr-500 but did not realize it was a canadian version and as such GRE emailed this to me. Thought it might be of some intrest to anyone who has a 500C/600C.

The update on GRE's web site is for the USA version and cannot be loaded into the Canadian version, since the hardware is different. I think there is a CDN version in the works. I'll check and get back to you.

Best regards,

Jack
GRE Support Team
http://www.greamerica.com/support

ve9arb

mobile1

Canadians wanting to upgrade to Ver 1.7 can go here!

Go to Lectron Radio .com click on GRECOM GRE Scanners / click on PSR500/600 Product Details / click on Upgrade Software Ver. 1.7 It works ! Welcome to Lectron Radio Sales

smason

Does anyone know if you can apply a Canadian update to a U.S. radio?

Not that I'm really missing the Canadian stuff on mine, but I may one day need it...

smason

No, the firmware is specific to the "C" model. Not sure what you would be missing, you can change the bandplan to Canadian as needed in the Global settings on the USA version if you vist Canada.

Thanks, I figured that was the case. Doubt I'd ever use the "canned" v-folders which is probably the only other difference.

mobile1

If there are versions of the V-Folders for Canada,

Anyone with the "C" model care to comment on the preloaded V-Scanner folders?

All the "C" models come with the V-Folders loaded this way. VS1- Alberta / Vs2-BC / VS3-NB / VS4-NFD+LAB / VS5-ONT / VS6- QEB / VS7-SK . This is also on the CD-ROM that comes with the radios . All this info is right from the RR Data Base with nothing new added. My PSR500C/600C did not have the new SaskPublicSafetyRadioNet in the VS7 Folder and they should have come loaded with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.