GRE Scanner Prices Discount Code for RR members

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have worked out a deal for lower prices if we keep our scanner orders up.
We know that the RR website is full of scanner pros and would like to keep
a good relationship with its members.
Starting August 14th- with the mention of this code, RRGREPROMO take $20.00
of any called in orde for the PSR-500 or PSR-600.
Take $10.00 off all other GRE PSR scanners.
Discount cant be applied to discounted pricing, specials or promotions. While we
see no reason to have this ever happen we do reserve the right to end the promo
at anytime.
Offer good while supplies last or Nov 30th 08. We are going to see how this promo
works out, and if it works well. We should be offering more RR discounts as well.

If a moderator can (if possible) mark this thread as a announcement it would be appreciated
so the members can find the discount code easily it would be apprecaited. If not thank you
for concidering it.

Thank you greatly...
Michael
www.theradioco.com

Michael
www.theradioco.com

Utah_Viper

Advertisement...... That for once is welcome here !!

Thank you for supporting those who support your company. Wish I had the funds to take advantage of the deal!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely!

I second that! Its good to see this happen. I will be ordering a PSR-400 very soon...!

Manny

Smerri

Boy does that make a PSR-500 tempting! I want to buy it just to support your company, since you support your customers on the site.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
According to your site, you don't ship GRE scanners to Canada. :(

I hope so.... us folks in Canada can give them some good business.
But the site does not actually say they don't ship GRE. This is what it says on Micheal's site:

International Shipping is only available to Canada
Attention Canadian customers: The only products available to Canada are Uniden Police Scanners, and Scanner Packages. Icom scanners, large antennas, and other items may not be available for shipping to Canada. Please contact us via email for details on non Uniden Scanner products. All products shipping to Canada will be shipped UPS ground ONLY. There will be no exceptions. We appreciate your business.

They probably did not update that paragraph with the new GRE's...... I hope so.
Take care

Last edited:

Patch42

At first I was thinking, "$20 off a $500 scanner? Big whoop."

Then I saw the prices. The extra $20 off an already great price is a very nice gesture. Now you've got me thinking about a PSR-600 to go with the 500 I already have.

smason

At first I was thinking, "$20 off a $500 scanner? Big whoop."

Then I saw the prices. The extra $20 off an already great price is a very nice gesture. Now you've got me thinking about a PSR-600 to go with the 500 I already have.

I thought the same thing, but looking to get a PSR500 or 600 soon, and the price is very attractive.

smason

All products shipping to Canada will be shipped UPS ground ONLY. There will be no exceptions. We appreciate your business.[/FONT]

UPS ground only is a total show stopper.
Most Canadians will just say no.

Please reconsider!
Plain old postal service is what many of us Canucks would like.

We'd love to send more scanners to Canada. And I would greatly apprecaite the business.
However USPS shipping for us is much more expensive. If I sold scanners at full price, or even the prices that are more normal I could offer cheap or free shipping to Canada. And ship however the customer would like.
At these margins its hard to sell period. but we are trying our best.

smason

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that it can cost more, and you obviously have regular UPS pickups as opposed to possibly having to trudge down to the post office to ship USPS.

As Chris pointed out (I shouldn't have posted in such a hurry, and should have given my reason)

UPS totally hoses Canadians on cross border shipping. It would cost around $50.00 in a bogus "brokerage fee" to receive it.

SCPD

QRT
That would make it $430.00 .. matching the price of the place in Delaware I believe. Guess it is up to us up here in Canada as to who we order from. But I do agree that UPS is a show stopper ... as those fees that they charge us is a bunch of ****.

The thing that these companies don't realize is that there is ALOT of business here as we cannot get these things here (well unless we pay huge markups at home).

So .. it really is the company that gives us the best deal on the package (and that really means shipping .. as the price of the scanner seems to be consistent among these dealers).

Personally .. i am buying a 500 in the next 2 weeks, along with a few of my friends buying their own. So .. if someone wants to sell lots of scanners to Canadians, now is the time to speak up. :lol:

slypx

Quebec DB Adm
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that it can cost more, and you obviously have regular UPS pickups as opposed to possibly having to trudge down to the post office to ship USPS.

As Chris pointed out (I shouldn't have posted in such a hurry, and should have given my reason)

UPS totally hoses Canadians on cross border shipping. It would cost around $50.00 in a bogus "brokerage fee" to receive it.

Just did a simulation on ScannerMaster to buy a PSR600 : UPS charges are 93.98 $ for shipping in Montreal !!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

DHL is worse, 97.66 $$$ :evil:

Don't forget that you will receive a custom bill a few weeks later for about 75 $ import fees !! Not fiction, it happened to me last year when I bought my 396 and 996.

Summed it up : 499+93+75 = 667 $ for a PSR600 ... doesn't worth it for me.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I agree 100%..... I avoid UPS like the plague whenever possible. Their brokerage fees are awful. When I bought my Pro-96 from Scanners Unlimited they at least had the option of shipping UPS using the package that included brokerage... I think it was around $35 and worth it in the end.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I agree 100%..... I avoid UPS like the plague whenever possible. Their brokerage fees are awful. When I bought my Pro-96 from Scanners Unlimited they at least had the option of shipping UPS using the package that included brokerage... I think it was around $35 and worth it in the end.

USPS to Canada on a PSR 500 would be 30.00 dollars includes full insurance.

USPS is as easy for ANY US dealer to use as UPS or DHL.
I dont drive any place my postal carrier picks them up daily.

Jeff

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
USPS to Canada on a PSR 500 would be 30.00 dollars includes full insurance.

USPS is as easy for ANY US dealer to use as UPS or DHL.
I dont drive any place my postal carrier picks them up daily.

Jeff

I totally agree with Jeff. I think that The Radiocompany should check into this as we Canadians don't want to pay UPS and other couriers those high brokrage fees.

I did hear as well that USPS does pick ups so.... hopefully Micheal will consider this.

Status
Not open for further replies.