GRE updates policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalmike

Hi,

I am considering buying a GRE PSR-500. I really like NOT having to wait so long for updates. Can someone tell me if they require you to register with them before you get updates??? Is it fairly easy?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi,

I am considering buying a GRE PSR-500. I really like NOT having to wait so long for updates. Can someone tell me if they require you to register with them before you get updates??? Is it fairly easy?

Easy question to answer - but not without preaching. Why wouldn't you register with them?

At any rate, no you are not required to register before obtaining updates. ALL updates are available freely via their website without logging in - http://www.greamerica.com/support . I do see that it seems as though they have limited the availability of previous updates (some previously released firmware versions). This is based on the PSR500/600 firmware - only the latest is available. Not sure if that is an indication that they will never provide old versions of firmware or not.

Of course that doesn't mean that at some time in the future they won't change things. But so far everything has been available without registration.

Mike

jerk

Hi,

Dude, it's GRE...
Updates are quick, and usually have value added features for free.
And unlike Uniden, no registration required or needed. Same for the Radio Shack versions. (through RS)

Status
Not open for further replies.