GRE400 or BCT15 for Worc. VHF low/high main frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brentd2183

Premium Subscriber
Ok, my latest car choice has me selecting a DIN mountable scanner in order to make a clean install. Ive been a Uniden person since i started with a few BCT-7's and currently a BC785D. I'm from the Worcester area and the main frequencies i listen to are 33.06 which is my FD I'm on, along with Lifeflight on 115.16. I've never really done a lot of research on scanners before but with this DIN mounting situation the two main players for price are the GRE400 and BCT 15, i was all set to go GRE400 but reading around there are people complaining about sensitivities on certain bands for both scanners. I also have the state police in, but not really worried about it. Which one of these is the better scanner for my needs? I'm starting to lead to BCT15 due to build quality and display size and frankly Ive always own Uniden without a problem. I also will be programming these radios through the face, not computer. Thanks.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
personaly i go with the 400, i listen to county fire on 33.9 and air care and never had a complant, not sure about the uniden has it but alpha tagging is a plus, also if you are into it the weather ( weather alerts ) seem to work better (reception) that any other radio i have including unidens i have owned

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Consider the newer UNIDEN BCT15X, as it has a WFM filter mode and covers the standard FM broadcast band, so it doubles as a car radio!

All I have is uniden also... I just order a psr 400 from scannermaster and this will be my first GRE/RS 90% of what I listen to is HI band and CHP on lowband. I have a Br330T witch is the portable version of the BC15 and it doesn't do that great on low band I have to have ATT on all the time even hooked up to my base antenna. I'm going to compare them some time next week on and see what does better on those bands. BTW you can't beat the price right now on the psr 400, but the down side is you get no cable and their's no free software unlike newer uniden models inclue the cable and have a option to free or paid software witch are all good but all the programers deserve every penny.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
All I have is uniden also... I just order a psr 400 from scannermaster and this will be my first GRE/RS 90% of what I listen to is HI band and CHP on lowband. BTW you can't beat the price right now on the psr 400, but the down side is you get no cable and their's no free software unlike newer uniden models inclue the cable and have a option to free or paid software witch are all good but all the programers deserve every penny.

The GRE PSR-400 comes with the USB cable.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
I just got the PSR400 from scanner master and no programing cable. I went and got mine from RS for $34.00. I just got it last week so it must be something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.