GRE500 programming with ARC500 software questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksphotoguy

I have been using arc500 to try to program my county ( Ellis county Kansas) into my psr500 and I can get it to load but I am unable to get the thing to indicate it is receiving the control channel, I don't get the "T" icon on the screen and it does not ever pick anything up. I assumed it would be a simple matter of downloading the info from radioreference in arc500 then uploading into the scanner. At least thats how easy it has been on my other scanners, a BCT330T and a PRO-96. I am missing something on the 500 tho. I have been reading the manuals for both the scanner and the arc500 program and nothing is making sense as far as what I am missing in the settings. Any ideas?

JoeyC

It would probably be wise to upload your programming file here so someone who is familiar can point out your programming error.

ksphotoguy

well, I added all of the possible frequencies instead of just the 2 the program downloaded and it works great. Thanks for the replies , they actually did help

JoeyC

I noticed I was not getting but 4 of 14 freqs. Is this a common problem???

Its not a problem, the scanner only needs the potential control channels to operate. If the RR database doesn't have all the control channels defined, then you will probably need all the frequencies until such time as the database is updated with the correct information, since the control may change to one that isn't defined as such. There is most likely an option in the ARC program somewhere to download only the controls, or all of the freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.