GRE800 backlight during boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockblock

My current backlight setting is set to Normal, with light kicking in only when there is a transmission - this works great during normal use, but I was wondering if there's any way to also have the light kick in when the unit boots up, then go into normal mode again? - it's a pain when the unit is booting during night time not being able to see if it's actually booted or not, or what it's scanning....also, not being able to have access to light until the unit actually starts scanning is also a pain...any tips?

Thx

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
My current backlight setting is set to Normal, with light kicking in only when there is a transmission - this works great during normal use, but I was wondering if there's any way to also have the light kick in when the unit boots up, then go into normal mode again? - it's a pain when the unit is booting during night time not being able to see if it's actually booted or not, or what it's scanning....also, not being able to have access to light until the unit actually starts scanning is also a pain...any tips?

Thx
When boot is complete ya get a beep, then press SEL for a 5 second backlight.

rockblock

Agreed - it's not even a big deal...1 line of code + 1 additional option to the drop-down list

If anyone knows of an editor for the CDAT files, I could hard-code the changes myself

bonebreaker

Light at bootup

I have found that if you keep holding the power button during bootup the backlight will come on then you can release the power button and see it boot in the dark. this takes about 5 seconds or so to happen (maybe a little longer). Hope this helps.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
I have found that if you keep holding the power button during bootup the backlight will come on then you can release the power button and see it boot in the dark. this takes about 5 seconds or so to happen (maybe a little longer). Hope this helps.

Didn't work with my 800 when I tried it just now.

rockblock

Yes - it does work, but mine went off after 10 sec, before I could see the scanning...it's probably due to the fact that I have my timer set for 10 sec to save battery life...well, it's a workaround, so thx for the tip bonebreaker !!

Status
Not open for further replies.