Great AA and AAA battery charger for $6 at northern tool B&M and online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Many of you have wondered what is a good charger that can charge odd numbers of cells, well this is what I have used for almost a year.

Rayovac Battery Charger with 2 AA Batteries # PS23-B
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200361822_200361822

It was $8 in the store but I asked if they would pricematch the online price and they looked it up and they did. You might want to print out the ad and bring it with you if you want to pick one up in a store.

For those of you who are far away from a store, they also have them online at the link above. They have been selling them in store for awhile, so they might not have any left.

I have a few (ok, 7) and they are great. I need to figure out the adapter size so I can pick up a DC power cord that will fit.

I have tested them by putting two AA and two AAA in it, one of each dead and mostly charged to see if it would show the batteries charged at different times, it did :D It lights up each spot when that battery is fully charged.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Yeah that's a pretty good charger, I've been using one for about a year and it does indeed charge each cell independently. I also got mine at Northern Tool. They are always good about matching their online prices in the store. Their main headquarters and distribution center is here in MN so they have quite a few stores in the area, they just built a new store less than a mile from my house. That place is like guy heaven, I either go in there and just look at stuff for an hour and not buy anything or I go in to buy one thing for 5 bucks and leave with $200 worth of stuff.

DaveH

Yep, a decent charger that works well. Flip up top is a bit flimsy and
I wonder how long it will last. Wall plug is a bit of an anchor, but works.

These must be getting dumped, as I got one a couple of years ago
for $8.88 CDN.

The LED lightshow during charging is fun to watch.

Some cells get a bit warm and stay that way after charge is complete,
for some reason.

Can't say the exact size of coaxial power plug. Make sure you don't
jam one in with too tight a fit, done that before and the jack suffers.

Dave

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Even if shipping costs you $6, the total cost is only $12. Where else can you get a charger that charges cells independently for $12? Most chargers that only charge in pairs are more than that.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Even if shipping costs you $6, the total cost is only $12. Where else can you get a charger that charges cells independently for $12? Most chargers that only charge in pairs are more than that.

Plus you get two 2000mah AA batteries, I use them in non-mission critical uses.

Yes, I used mission critical in reference to AA batteries :lol:

I got my first few a year ago at biglots for $8, RS was also dumping them for $12.97 early this year, so they have been on the way out for awhile. All in all, it's a good little charge that will be able to be charged by 12v if that is your thing. If you have the money, space, and don't mind 110v only, then get one of the bad mutha maha 800 series chargers and never fear :D

DaveH

Another decent charger I found local to me for $10 at a discount store (but they
are long gone here) is the Panasonic BQ-396. Mine came with wall adaptor
and DC lighter cord, plus 2 AA's (2050mAh) and 2 AAA's (780mAh).

http://www.panasonic-batteries.com/site/Europe/English/products/products_chargers_list.asp?iid=2

DC input range of the NA model is 12-21v.

Should have picked up a few at that price....

The other Panasonic charger they had for $5 was a 2-cell model BQ-321 which
runs off 100-240vac (good for travel) but not dc; came with 2 AAA's.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.