Great cops tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

They showed some highlights from the past 20 years of cops. They even showed Denver PD's claim to fame by showing two police cars hitting each other...both ironically had cops crews in them :). Anyone else see it?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I did! I've seen some of the episodes the segments were taken from on TruTV.

trace1

I was watching tonight and then it suddenly dawned on me that I've been watching this show for 20 years. It all started back in 1989 the same year I became a Police Officer, although I'm no longer in Law Enforcement I still enjoy the show very much.

20 years? Man do I feel old... ;)

Scan-Denver

cstockmyer said:
They even showed Denver PD's claim to fame by showing two police cars hitting each other...both ironically had cops crews in them :). Anyone else see it?
Oh yeah, those old impala's were fast and tough. I remember being on several ride alongs and going 50 - 60 on Denver's city streets racing to officer assist calls. But of course, that was back in the old days!

Last edited:

de784

Cops

they were clips off the 20th anv dvd.Received one for my birthday it's 2 disc and has the pilot episode on it

hoser147

The Tru tv is pretty cool , I like the Thursday nite line up, That speeders show is pretty good, some of the Cops shows are good but they play alot of repeats, still a good show. Wish I would caught the one you guys are talking about, but I lost out on the TV and had to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. Funny Movie thou...............Hoser

key2_altfire

cstockmyer said:
They showed some highlights from the past 20 years of cops. They even showed Denver PD's claim to fame by showing two police cars hitting each other...both ironically had cops crews in them :). Anyone else see it?
Actually, I think I saw that episode of COPS when it actually aired. Cruiser was blowing through a stop sign, right? Then WHAMMO... next thing you see is a bunch of busted-up guys sitting on the curbside.

When I was in college there was an episode showing a police chase in Modesto, where one of the guys who lived in our dorms lived when he wasn't at school. He was like, hey, I recognize this... HEY!! It's my neighborhood!! He predicted the police car getting smashed up if it hit this "dip" in the road at the speed it was traveling... yep, sure did, police car hits dip at like 75 mph, end of chase.

cstockmyer

DPD accident on Cops

key2_altfire said:
Actually, I think I saw that episode of COPS when it actually aired. Cruiser was blowing through a stop sign, right? Then WHAMMO... next thing you see is a bunch of busted-up guys sitting on the curbside.

When I was in college there was an episode showing a police chase in Modesto, where one of the guys who lived in our dorms lived when he wasn't at school. He was like, hey, I recognize this... HEY!! It's my neighborhood!! He predicted the police car getting smashed up if it hit this "dip" in the road at the speed it was traveling... yep, sure did, police car hits dip at like 75 mph, end of chase.
The way I have heard it though family that worked for Denver at the time, both cars where code 3 to a call. And they just happened to want to use the same intersection at the same time :lol: If you watch the tape, just before they hit you can hear the Cops camera guy cuss :).

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
kb2vxa said:
Reno 911.

OMG Do you have the movie?:lol: :lol: :lol: It is great! Watch it with the cast comments turned on.

As far as COPS. The best episodes to watch now are the really early ones. But there is a world of difference in police tactics between then and now. It is suprising how differently domestics were handled.

also, the scrawney guy with the white hightops, stonewashed jeans, mullet, and no shirt was always the one that would run.

bpckty1

Dan TSX wrote:
"It is suprising how differently domestics were handled."

Yep. The cop on the scene of a domestic can no longer issue divorce decrees."

;^>

Status
Not open for further replies.