Great Price ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
So here's the ? Is it possible that someone makes a gray market or a counterfeit BCD 396XT why I ask I just bought a brand new in the box 396xt off the Amazon marketplace for $249.99 + shipping, The seller is in Va, Is this one hell of deal, Could it be a fake 396xt and if so how could you tell it is and does Amazon protect the customer against this type of frund if you want to call it that way, This is only the second time I have bought off Amazon,Just thought I would ask. Thanks all

SCPD

QRT
Sounds like your not sure of the deal ? can you program it & does it scan, will it talk ? Just because you get it for
a good deal, don't mean it's a bad thing ! try it out & see if it works properly. I have never dealt with Amazon. Good Luck !

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
If it seems to good to be true...trust me it usually is. If you are concerned, call Uniden and give them the serial number.

If it is a rip off, Amazon will probably get involved for you if the seller does not make it good.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I saw one for $140.00 also, except that it was used and none of the pictures show an antenna.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You may have bought a refurbished unit. They have been going for around $299.

I can't see someone having the technology and a facility to manufacture a copy. (an antenna yes, but a scanner like the BCD396XT not likely). And if they did they would at least charge the MSRP.

I have however expected to see the XT prices drop after the release of the new HPs.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Well received the bcd396xt and it was legit deal brand new in the box not refurb as far as I can tell,Came with everything included and works great, I would say I got a great great deal

Status
Not open for further replies.