Great prices on GRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Some companies do not honor product warranties for purchases from unauthorized dealers. GRE does not address this issue on their website and it would be prudent to get a response from GRE about buying from Scanners-Direct. Hopefully everything is ok and the warranty is in force. If not, your first repair would cost more than you save on the purchase.

Here is an example of warranty requirements quoted from the NAD site, a manufacturer of audio equipment.

A Warning To Our Valued Customers
The warranty on NAD products is NOT VALID if the products have been purchased from an unauthorized dealer or if the original factory serial number has been removed, defaced, or replaced in any way. NAD is aware of instances in which such unauthorized dealer sales and/or serial number tampering has occurred. Protect your warranty. If you are not sure that a dealer is authorized, please check the Dealer Locator or inquire with the NAD distributor in your country. Why buy only from authorized dealers? Find out here.

Concrete1

GRE Direct Dealers agreed to "MAP" (minimum Advertized Price) of $499.95 on the 500/600 .
MAP is a common practice, they are free to charge anything, but if they "advertize" a price, it must be $499.95 or more.
This is why you often see "$$CALL" in a price field, or an ad with a slash thru the MAP price, with instructions to stop in the store for the "best deal" etc ....
I doubt this outfit buys directly from GRE America if they are advertizing below MAP

daedalus

I tried to run a D&B report on them at that address. Does not return as a registered company. In fact, scanners-direct does not show in MI at all. I also tried Yellowpages.com for all of Michigan - no hit.

They are known by the Michigan Better Business Bureau, showing locations in Temperance and Erie. John Waller is listed as the principal. They are not rated by the BBB.

Offered for what it is worth -

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
Great Prices On GRE

RadioReference is better than GEICO,i just saved $150.00 on buying the GRE 600,Found scanners-direct here reseaching digital radios,I live in Indpls.IN and as most know they just switched to digital and was told the GRE600 works the best,SO I HOPE.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
At Hamvention a major and 'authorized' vendor had 500s and 600s in this price range. Think they only had two of each. They were all gone within 5 hours of opening.

Last edited:

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
There is a company USASCAN located in Ann Arbor MI, they do not list GRE products on their site. I have done a lot of business with them in the past and they were always first rate. I wonder if this is an off shoot of them or maybe they have a non compete with Uniden and this a way for them to get to the GRE market?

Time will tell. The price sure is tempting.

robocop80

Company is legit

My girlfriend purchased my scanner from them at Christmas time with no problems. I would say order with confidence.

CStarr59

Just before I placed my order I shot them an email asking questions about their pricing on new GRE products. Today the email was returned undeliverable????? I used the email link on their site. Im going to call monday morning and ask questions.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
Glad to hear someone say their legit,I bought the GRE-600, a lil worried about the email undeliverable,i plan on calling to confirm everything,i also paid for 2 day service,hoping to have the scanner up and running wed night,IF it will receive the new Digital system in Indpls.IF this site is a fraud i will warn e1.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
HELP,has anyone recently ordered from scanners-direct.com,they are not answering phones and their not returning my phone calls,they are not responding to emails,does anyone have any info on this company?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they get 10 units (at full GRE price) ship them out at the start (taking a loss of say $700).

That way building customer confidence. Then people start ordering more or referring others and taking 100 orders/payments at $439 and then they close up shop ($43,200 profit).

Has anyone paid and not got anything?

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
I hate to admitt i did purchase one after seeing the add on RR and reading that it was a legit website,i believe robocop had ordered one,i'm in the process of canceling the charge,they will not return calls or emails

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps it's something a lot less sinister such as the place is a one man operation and he's taking a day off or something.

Ah, but people like conspiracies. :lol: In a couple of days though, the questions will be answered. It is a great price and I hope that things work out well for all who's involved.

And like rdale said, if you paid by credit card you have some protection.

Todd

CStarr59

Update: Just got an email from them, item has been shipped with a ups tracking number.
They don't answer the phone, they don't answer emails, they have no customer service, but they have fast shipping??? I hope I never have to deal with them again........Period.

kd6ecz

I hope all works out for everyone as well. I'm seriously considering the purchase of a PSR-500 and/or PSR-600 so the prices at this place caught my attention. I'm not in any big hurry however since my Pro-96, BC-780xlt, and an old Pro-2006 still serve me well on a daily basis. I'm just itching for a new toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.