Great propagation towards the east

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
I am sitting here in NW Toronto getting FleetNet Zone 2 calls on my 536. It's fantastic to see Ottawa CACC, Kingston CACC, Muskoka CACC Upper Ottawa Valley, Almaguin Highlands, Northumberland.

Try it if you have the chance.

mciupa

Database Admin
Cobourg is the most reliable. 3/5 signal bars.

Now I am getting more local calls which are showing up as unknown in Zone 2 which makes me think things are shifting. Comparing Zone 1 and Zone 2 Primrose tower and Cobourg share some designated frequencies. Primrose is a normal receiving tower for me.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
That's like how I was was receiving S. Ont. Fleetnet last summer. I was surprised to see Georgian CACC show up out of nowhere.

I did see 46.680 PL 110.9 show up this morning in my MNR department. I thought I heard a mention of Wollaston so perhaps this channel is within Bancroft District. If anyone can confirm for me in the area if this may be Bancroft MNR Fire Ch. 3. Other than that, I don't have any conditions at the moment even though this propagation map shows I should have something.

When I can hear VA3FOY 147.285 Bancroft then I know I have something.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The interesting thing too is, if you're hearing into Renfrew County OPP. They're being dispatched by North Bay Comm Centre, not Smiths Falls at the moment.

I am sitting here in NW Toronto getting FleetNet Zone 2 calls on my 536. It's fantastic to see Ottawa CACC, Kingston CACC, Muskoka CACC Upper Ottawa Valley, Almaguin Highlands, Northumberland.

mciupa

Database Admin
I never heard North Bay mentioned. I think I was mistaking some Primrose tower calls coming through on my Cobourg tower programming resulting in false description reporting. The Ottawa and Kingston MOH talkgroups match with London and Cambridge CACC's which are normal reception for me. In the meantime things have settled down for Cobourg reception.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I think a front went through last night, I'm sure everyone here in the Golden Horseshoe noticed. The flow now is NE, and that's where the air and jet stream is

mciupa

Database Admin
At the moment all the Low Band Fire Departments from the Municipalities in Barnstable County, Massachusetts in the 33-34 MHz range are coming in. For context, this is the Cape Cod area.

mciupa

Database Admin
Seems to have drifted away now, but not without hearing a Rescue call around noon in Falmouth about energized wires on the ground. A car decided to drive over them and the lines are trapped in the wheel well.

mciupa

Database Admin
I'm getting Peterborough FleetNet site in at 2 bars here in Toronto. Most calls I've heard are for Lindsay CACC.

Although,I'm leery of the frequency duplications with Zone 1 sites, (Hamilton, Fonthill) I'm confident I am hearing eastern stuff as the talkgroup is 35056 which would be Windsor Ambulance otherwise.

ATCTech

I'd say you were hearing Zone 2 this morning Mike, I noticed around 6:30AM that I was seeing ADS-B traffic straight east well beyond 320NM, or almost 370 statute miles and that of course is above 1 GHz.

ATCTech

A wee bit of the Fort Drum NY P25 system making here tonight. The noise floor seems exceptionally low across many bands. Active CC freq of 380.6250.

1627524122441.png

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Tonite Pontypool is screaming in at full bars.

143.145 tonite is Whitby full
And I don't know why but Aylmer is strong for whatever reason.

Our weather I think has a front to the south of us and we are getting a NE flow. Stands to reason that the strong signals are to the north and east of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.