Great radio for monitoring

steve9570

Hi every one
Just wanted to pass on if any one is looking to buy a radio just to monitor.
I bought a (looks like new) Motorola HT1250 LS for just $ 105.00 . Got 16 channels programed for free.
Have all of my local Police and Fire and Boston PD and Fire and EMS. I live 25/30 miles from Boston and can get
every thing LOUD AND CLEAR. note this radio is not programmed to transmit but with just the stock rubber duck its good radio!
It was from USED RADIOS. COM

Steve

a417

!#
I would buy a scanner just to monitor. Easier to find batteries, programming software (hah, CPS!), easier to fix, more flexible.

I used to maintain a system of them, the parts are becoming harder to find as the were End Of Life'd by motorola.

For a $50 more and a lot less hassle I would have gotten a BCT15x, but that's me. I'm glad it worked out for you! (y)

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Steve, You are spot on. I use my Motorola XTS3000 Handheld only $135 (ALSO bought off eBay from UsedRadios.com) for my Broadcastify feed and it picks up 450-460mhz better than any of my Scanners. (y)

mule1075

Feed Provider
Have been using a HT1000 for years to monitor local vhf pd/fire/ems. Will be switching my feed to a commercial radio as soon as time permits receive quality is fantastic.