Great River Energy Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX0BPR

Great River Energy Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Since we are asking questions, does anyone monitor the above TRS, its Great River Energy. I live in Elk River and have a great signal on CC 451.21250 but I have never heard a thing on it. Anyone know if its used, maybe not here in ER but elsewhere? Or if it works for someone else what might have set wrong in both the 996 and 106 [I have never had an issue monitoring any TRS I have intended on]

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I also have never heard any traffic on this system. The Wiki Article goes into a bit more detail on why it may be this way, but I have listened to many different sites throughout the system and never heard anything. I am in Anoka and not close enough to get the CC in Elk River, so I haven't had any chance to run UniTrunker on it, because perhaps there is data going across the system that isn't seen.

WX0BPR

I have not played with uni-trunker much since I moved. So I did, GRE is pretty dead of course its night time. Have never seen much on it anyway in the past.
I read the wiki and wonder why they did not keep the old conventional system and not spend the cash on the TRS? Especially with the cell phone world.
I know I get Connexus on a conventional channel, I wonder about the others. I have heard Cass Co Pwr going through Fargo on something, I just looked at my files and its the GRE system there... who knows.

Are these guys going to have to re-band whenever that deadline is??? I have not at all read the rebanding plan and who has to do it.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Rebanding only applys to 800MHz systems.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Todd-Wadena Power and Lake Region PWR (Ottertail County) are active on the system...

WX0BPR

Do you have a listing of the neighbor sites and control channels from Elk River ?

When I Uni-trunked I got the neighbor sites but no freqs?? GRE has some UHF (4XX.00 freqs), and our local GRE companies have VHF (153.XXX ones). Must not be used in Elk River as they are using other freqs

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
All i need is the ch number ...... if you want the freqs to show up i can send you a file to do that...

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty sure I've heard traffic on it in the past in the White Bear area, but its been a while since I've monitored them.

Status
Not open for further replies.