Great Smoky Mountain N.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suddath

Does anyone have the unit numbers for this park.....I'm geeting 400's and 600's.... Is a 300 something still a bear. I've not been able to pick them up sence they went digital. All my info burnt up with my storage building so i don't have any info on the park anymore.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the unit numbers for this park.....I'm geeting 400's and 600's.... Is a 300 something still a bear. I've not been able to pick them up sence they went digital. All my info burnt up with my storage building so i don't have any info on the park anymore.

I listen to them all the time on digital lots of interest things goes on up there I wish I had their codes and citations numbers they use. It is all together different than other law enforcement. I have search far and wide on google and other places with no luck. Im not typing in correct path somehow I'm trying to write down what I can as I go and read between the lines as to what it means. I may stop in and talk to a ranger next time up there, can't hurt, who knows may get answers

n4yek

Code 350 is for Bear activity. You will hear the refer to it as a "350 Jam" meaning cars are stopped looking at the bear and backing traffic up on the road, other times they just say Bear Jam.

Unit #:
700 is Park headquarters just outside of Gatlinburg
400's are your law enforcement people (Encryption is used periodically)
600's seem to be road crews
300's I believe are maintenance units
500's are on the North Carolina side Welcome Center area.

Also here is a link to Goggle Maps where I created a layout of the repeater tower locations.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e....583618,-83.531799&spn=0.568473,0.883026&z=10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.