Great Wolf Lodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Went by there today, their LTR system listed in the database is up and running and the place is open for business.

This was the busiest TG I heard, 0-01-030 which sounded like housekeeping. I'll post others when I can identify them.

AtomicTaco

20500 Old Highway 99, SW
Grand Mound, WA 98531

Turns out Grand Mound = Centralia

Looking at aerial photography I have no idea where the "lodge" is but I can definitely see a tower. Link

ULS data shows that the transmit location is just northwest of that tower. Methinks ULS has some slightly off data. Wouldn't be the first time.

On Wikimapia, someone just drew a big box next to I-5. I don't think that's it.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
That tower is a cell site next to Dist #1 Fire Station. It is across the street from that. Grand Mound is in Thurston County, Centralia is Lewis County, not sure why they list this as such. It is a large building for the hotel, probably 5-6 stories and the additional water park building. If you stay there at $300 a night, you go go swimming. The locals are not happy with that arrangement.

It is a low level repeater, I could hear it as far south as Centralia, 6-7 miles and north as far as the northbound rest stop. There probably is not a recent sat photo as it was constructed in the last year. There is a big box further south which is the Michaels arts and craft store distribution center for the NW which has it's own set of freqs.

AtomicTaco

The Bird's Eye view stuff on Windows Live Maps is from Fall 2005 or 2006, I can't remember which. However, a lot of the stuff Google has is from '03, but they are starting to add some stuff from late '06 or early '07. At least that's how it is in South King.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
it's a pretty active system. The last couple of weekends driving by, there is an almost constant chatter on the housekeeping TG's. Kinda boring but I did find an ATG which broadcast some info to all TG's on the system. Still haven't found their antenna. I'm guessing it's outside as it broadcasts south for several miles. It's a large complex. My 2055 doesn't always display the correct TG for the first sec or so when say 0-01-030 is talking, sometimes it will briefly display 0-01-175. I assume this is the nature of the scanner trying to sample the bits of LTR data first. I just run it in open mode, none of the TG's are programmed in yet. I wonder if they will max out the 3 channel system?

kc4jgc

icom1020 said:
Went by there today, their LTR system listed in the database is up and running and the place is open for business.

This was the busiest TG I heard, 0-01-030 which sounded like housekeeping. I'll post others when I can identify them.

Check the Great Wolf Lodge listings near Williamsburg VA.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4056

Just a hunch the TG's here might be the same as your new location in WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.