Greater Cleveland Radio Communication Network

n8vur

Feed Provider
Nevermind, I see what they did... combined departments onto the SWEDC talkgroups. Probably a lot easier for the dispatchers not to mention for M/A.

budevans

Currently Broadview Hts. and Seven Hills Fire Station Alerts are listed in the Broadview Hts./Seven Hills Talkgroups.
I'd like to suggest the following. The Broadview Hts. Seven Hills Talk Groups should be moved to the Cuyahoga Valley Talkgroups.
Brecksville, Broadview Hts., Independence and Seven Hills are being dispatched from the Cuyahoga Valley Dispatch Center.

See the TG's for Fire Station Alerts below.
56754 Broadview Hts.
56755 Seven Hills
56756 Brecksville
56757 Independence

FYI: Brooklyn Hts., Cuyahoga Hts., Newburgh Hts. and Valley View are still being dispatched from Cuyahoga Hts. This group is currently listed in the Cuyahoga Valley Talkgroups.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Bud! Joe and I had been talking offline about that combining. I'll move the BH/SH talkgroups into CuyValley. It might look at little odd at first. The end state should be:
* talkgroups shared by all of the agencies should not list individual names
* talkgroups used by only a subset of agencies should list individual names

I think the flat move should get things close, but we'll get it cleaned up. The only one I don't know about is 56693. It is currently listed as "Fire Dispatch" which would indicate it is Fire Dispatch for both. I renamed it "Broadview Heights/Seven Hills Fire Dispatch, but suspect it can be deprecated.

budevans

Thanks Bud! Joe and I had been talking offline about that combining. I'll move the BH/SH talkgroups into CuyValley. It might look at little odd at first. The end state should be:
* talkgroups shared by all of the agencies should not list individual names
* talkgroups used by only a subset of agencies should list individual names

I think the flat move should get things close, but we'll get it cleaned up. The only one I don't know about is 56693. It is currently listed as "Fire Dispatch" which would indicate it is Fire Dispatch for both. I renamed it "Broadview Heights/Seven Hills Fire Dispatch, but suspect it can be deprecated.
I haven't heard any activity on 56693 for quite a while.

For right now there are three Talk Groups doing the majority of traffic. 56701, 56718, 56723.
56701 is currently handling all of the Fire Dispatch.
56718 is currently handling PD dispatch for Brecksville, Broadview Hts., Independence and Seven Hills from the Cuyahoga Valley Dispatch Center.
56723 is currently handling PD dispatch for Brooklyn Hts., Cuyahoga Hts., Newburgh Hts., and Valley View. Eventually this dispatch will move to the Cuyahoga Valley Dispatch Center.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
I concur with Bud about 56693. I also think the same “depreciation” could be done with the Broadview Heights PD Dispatch too.

They and Seven Hills have clearly moved to join Brecksville and Independence.

I’m wondering about that Wiki. Could this systems wiki be updated to move the Broadview and Seven Hills RIDS under Cuyahoga Valley?

tonya

Premium Subscriber
For the last week I've been getting hits on TG 56696 Broadview Hts Fire station alert. I see that this TG has been deprecated and is no longer in the database but I'am still hearing traffic on it? Has anyone heard anything lately on 56754 which is currently listed in the DB as BHFD Station Alert?

budevans

For the last week I've been getting hits on TG 56696 Broadview Hts Fire station alert. I see that this TG has been deprecated and is no longer in the database but I'am still hearing traffic on it? Has anyone heard anything lately on 56754 which is currently listed in the DB as BHFD Station Alert?
tonya,

Regarding Fire, in the last week I've only heard Fire/Squad Alert and Fire Dispatch traffic on 56701 (a.k.a 686). I haven't heard any traffic on 56696 or 56754. In prior weeks I did hear some limited traffic on 56754. My best guess at that time was, the traffic on 56754 was some initial testing by Broadview Hts.

From my monitoring (mostly late afternoon and evenings), the Cuyahoga Valley Talk Groups are in a state of flux. As an example, half of the communities have moved PD to the new dispatch center. The other half are on the Cuyahoga Hts. PD dispatch.

Keep monitoring. More changes are coming.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
tonya,

Regarding Fire, in the last week I've only heard Fire/Squad Alert and Fire Dispatch traffic on 56701 (a.k.a 686). I haven't heard any traffic on 56696 or 56754. In prior weeks I did hear some limited traffic on 56754. My best guess at that time was, the traffic on 56754 was some initial testing by Broadview Hts.

From my monitoring (mostly late afternoon and evenings), the Cuyahoga Valley Talk Groups are in a state of flux. As an example, half of the communities have moved PD to the new dispatch center. The other half are on the Cuyahoga Hts. PD dispatch.

Keep monitoring. More changes are coming.

So this evening, I heard 56696 patched with 56754 for a tone out. I’d assume that was also in turn patched to 56701. Is it possible that each of the Broadview Heights stations now as their own alert talkgroup?

Strongsville Fire used to do a similar thing at night prior to the combined SWEDC FD dispatch channel.

budevans

So this evening, I heard 56696 patched with 56754 for a tone out. I’d assume that was also in turn patched to 56701. Is it possible that each of the Broadview Heights stations now as their own alert talkgroup?

Strongsville Fire used to do a similar thing at night prior to the combined SWEDC FD dispatch channel.

Per your post I setup three scanners, one for each of the Broadview Hts. Fire Talk Groups in your post. I can (now) confirm that all three TG's are patched together for the Alerts.

FYI, I'm setting up an analog scanner to see if they are still patching to the 686 VHF 154.3850 freq.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
I left UniTrunker on overnight and got the following. As Bud said, they're definitely patching all three for Broadview Heights. Now the next question, I wonder why? I had deleted 56696 from the UniTrunker group file, so it is not named.

Broadview Heights Alert.jpg

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Joe,

After a Unitrunker session has been running for a while, you can also open up the System and see any patches that had been put in place at some point on the "Patches" tab. Unfortunately, it resets every time you restart. So, you may have to leave Unitrunker up for a bit to see the patch.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
It seems the patches are only in the “patches” tab as long as they are joined, but once they’re dropped, they’re gone from the “patches” tab.

I haven’t been able to listen dedicated enough to see if there’s a rhyme or reason to the necessity for Broadview Heights to have two different alerting TG. I still think each station may have one, but only at night are they separated for sleep.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
TG 56740 appears to be associated with the county jail rids (1846743,1846675,1846710,1846800, 184778) I hear counts central command, these include a large number and then a small one prefaced with (bedford). Not sure how to submit this with a description.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
56746 I am hearing the same traffic as MARCS 14472 (Chagrin Valley Dispatch - Fire Tac 2 )

Garfield & Maple were on the same scene of a fire using the same simplex FG, however Maple patched their FG to CVD TAC-2 where Garfield patched it to their TAC. ...and now we know what that talkgroup is :p

budevans

Cuyahoga County Jail Talkgroups

Based upon traffic, it sounds as if:

TG 56735 is Main County Jail Control

TG 56739 is Euclid (Annex) County Jail

Anyone else got an idea? I can’t monitor the old CCSO Jail UHF from here.

I see that another Cuyahoga County Jail, TG 56740 has been added to the database. So now TG 56735 and TG 56740 are both designated as Cuyahoga County Jail.

My question. Is there any additional designation info that we can add to make TG 56725 & TG 56740 better defined?

Is TG 56735 the Justice Center location?

What is TG56740 location designation?

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
That is a good question but they use 56740 often to give counts for the main (justice center) jail as well as bedford.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
Hey guys, I am visiting from new Orleans, and have the gctrs in my radio, I am only hearing the dispatch channel, and some alerts on the station alert tgid, nothing on the tacs
Am I missing something, here?? Or did they go to a phase 2 setup?