Greater Cleveland Radio Communication Network

Hummer8290

Premium Subscriber
Have some info from a good source. Beachwood PD has put in for a grant to move their police radios to p25 no word at the moment if it GCRN or MARCS

Swipesy

Unless Beechwood follows Euclid's lead and splits fire and police between MARCS and GCRCN I would have to believe they go MARCS for police so as to match fire.

ron351

Feed Provider
I broadcast west cleveland police and noticed about a week ago in and out chatter on radio and times of silence. There was high winds a week ago. My Tram antenna worked fine in the attic, so I ran new quad RG6 through conduit to the garage and mounted the Tram to the garage roof and it is still the same. Gas garbling and in and out chatter. I just ordered another antenna so hope maybe some how the antenna went bad. I was thinking of a amplifier but decided to go with new antenna for now. Anyone else listen to Cleveland Dispatch and have similar issues this past week? Curious if it is just me or all over

Swipesy

I don't normally listen to Cleveland Pd but I do monitor Cleveland Fire. Their broadcasts are crystal clear in Northern Portage County.

ron351

Feed Provider
Ok, I am going to mess with it today and some how have ham radio now also programmed some how. Ordered a new antenna for outdoor for now

Swipesy

I am using a WS 1080 connected to a Larsen TriBand mounted indoors on top of a book case. Whenever I am in Berea or Olmsted Falls I rarely can hear Cleveland. So your location may have a lot to do with your reception. I think the Westside of Cleveland gets killed with RF from Hopkins.

ron351

Feed Provider
I am using a WS 1080 connected to a Larsen TriBand mounted indoors on top of a book case. Whenever I am in Berea or Olmsted Falls I rarely can hear Cleveland. So your location may have a lot to do with your reception. I think the Westside of Cleveland gets killed with RF from Hopkins.
My feed has ran perfect for over a year. Just all of a sudden both scanners go in and out. I notice where the frequency is there is off and on NFM and the bars flash and to the right of the bars it says 0.00 It don't make sense why all of a sudden this is happening. I thought maybe the wind did something to the towers or something. Myantenna was in the attic and just sat there and did great over a year, but last week all of a sudden it cuts in and out

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Myantenna was in the attic and just sat there and did great over a year, but last week all of a sudden it cuts in and out
I've been listening to CPD on my G4 here on the east side and I have perfect copy and nonstop traffic.

ron351

Feed Provider
I've been listening to CPD on my G4 here on the east side and I have perfect copy and nonstop traffic.
My feed though is breaking up and a lot of silence lately and getting worse. The all district with CMHA probably is busy and broadcasted by someone else not having issues.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Can you try temporarily connecting a whip antenna and move the radio around in different areas as a test? That could help isolate the problem to your outdoor antenna.

ron351

Feed Provider
I have 2 radios connected and both get little traffic and some of the traffic is garbled. Only thing left is a new antenna which I ordered. With the stainless steel Tram antenna I had the last 2 years in the same spot has always worked fine. It just all of a sudden started degrading. I ran new quad coax to the antenna and even moved it outside with same results. Moving the scanners I doubt will change it, I believe something with the antenna changed. I even wiped out the settings in the scanner and re-downloaded fresh from the database and still the same.