Greater Cleveland Radio Communication Network

sw system

the last time i was at the tower at highland hills was a few years ago i worked for a motorola shop the TEC showed me the repeaters for the southwest system they were NOT ON lol yep who needs coverage on the east side i'm in parma and i think the antenna was on the west side of the tower so thats why i have trouble monitoring them.

dave

radios4bill

Cleveland's new system!

Hi Group; Well as of 08/10/12 there was alot of testing being done. They were using TG 1 with radio ID's 430001 and 43003. They were going site to site testing the IP Voting Equipment. From the sounds of it we should start hearing Fire and EMS soon. By the way they are watching this and other sites, They said "Testing in a elevator for you scanner listeners" LOL

budevans

Hi Group; Well as of 08/10/12 there was alot of testing being done. They were using TG 1 with radio ID's 430001 and 43003. They were going site to site testing the IP Voting Equipment. From the sounds of it we should start hearing Fire and EMS soon. By the way they are watching this and other sites, They said "Testing in a elevator for you scanner listeners" LOL

I heard the testing today. When the Tech said "Testing in a elevator for you scanner listeners" I just had to laugh. The other funny note was that the Tech didn't know that the Ontario ramp was shutdown (actually removed). He had to drive around town to find a way onto the interstate.

Just one difference on my end. The radio ID's that I saw were 4180001 and 4180003. I've seen both of those ID's before.

budevans

Radio Coverage Grid Testing

Cleveland has been doing (radio coverage checks) grid testing today on TG3. I heard Cedar road mentioned, that would put them on the east side.

lowes1

Radio Testing

I heard testing on talkgroup 3 being done near Lakeshore Blvd. and Neff Park was mentioned which I believe would be considered in the Collinwood area. Later in the day, testing was being done on Kinsman Rd.

budevans

Today on TG3 they started testing on the near eastside (Broadway and E 71 street) and by the end of the day around 3:30 pm they were on the westside around Clark Ave.

radios4bill

West Side Grid testing complete.

Hi Group; As of 3 PM on 08/15/12 the West Side Grid testing was complete. Now lets get that system up and running.
PS: Tech's we know you are watching! ID yourself and comment. You guy's are doing a great job, it sounds good!

budevans

Cleveland problem area testing

Some of the West side testing was redone today. They were visiting locations where pixelation problems were reported.

9:53 am: Pixelation issue. The tech in the field reported his location as the Metro Parks (Rocky River), I almost fell out of my chair (Metro Parks Curse?). The tech did some testing, adjusting attenuation. The pixelation issue started (for me) at 16 db and was totally unreadable at 18 db.

10:55 am Pixelation at McKinley Ave and Hilliard Road in Lakewood. At 15 db I could clearly copy the transmissions. When the tech went to 16 db I got partial pixelation plus an edgy sound to the voice, Dispatch reported clear copy. When the tech went to 18 db I couldn't copy at all, Dispatch reported some break up.

The testing finished up around 11:00 am. The tech advised dispatch that he'd run another grid test tomorrow starting at the Airport (Hopkins) then moving north. Same general area as todays tests.

Todays testing confirmed (for me) the fact that the professional radios handle digital pixelation (break up distortion) much better than consumer grade scanners.

Cleveland EMS

i was talking to a Cleveland EMS Supervisor last night so i just had to ask him when their going to move to the new system he said he was told by December is when their moving and then Fire he said all Public Safety will move first so keep your scanners in open mode on the new Cleveland System.

budevans

Testing multiple locations

Cleveland is doing inside building radio tests this morning from two locations.

TG1 is at a police station.

TG2 is at a hospital.

The testing was in progress when I turned my scanner on 9:30 am. I haven't heard names for the two locations.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
How far south of Cleveland has anybody been able to monitor this system ?
I'm in Kent, can't get any signal at all here on my HP-1.
( I can only hear Cuyahoga MARCS P25 from certain spots in my house)

budevans

The southern most tower is in Brecksville. FYI, I haven't driven there to confirm if it's active.

Last edited:

budevans

they were at cleveland police districts 1,2,3 today thats was at 8am this morning.

Dave thanks for the update on the TG1 testing from this morning.

Did you hear any testing this afternoon at UH on TG2?.

At 11:00 am this morning they broke for lunch. On TG2 the dispatcher said that they had just finished at the Cleveland Clinic.

At 12:30 pm on TG2 the dispatcher said they were going to start testing at UH. That's when I had to leave for an appointment.

cleveland system

Bud i can only monitor them in the morning untill 10:30am then i drive to work and i still monitor them till i get to work and then on the weekends.nothing going on when i get home at 8:45pm

a388sig2

I lost it on 71 south in Strongsville, I was shocked. Though I will admit I was on a PSR 800 that seems to pick up nothing, I was inside a car and using an 800mhz portable antenna.