Greater Cleveland Radio Communication Network

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Group 56571 shows they started using or testing it in the middle of August. Looks like it's going to be encrypted.

56810 has been active about 5 days. No encryption.

lowes1

Strongsville Fire had two alarms around 6:00 p.m. today. The second dispatch referred responding units to Fireground 9. Does anyone know the number for Fireground 9 on the Southwest Emergency Dispatch System in the GCRCN?

Hummer8290

Premium Subscriber
There has been another delay, hopefully sometime next week. They will be live. They were only doing radio test on the 22

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks. Please do not submit any more submissions for Shaker Hgts PD talkgroups 56810 / 56811. We have three separate submissions already. The admin will get to it within the next couple of days. We are aware and the Db will be updated soon.

Mike

W8KIC

Premium Subscriber
Sweet! Thanks for the update. Will have to watch out for the City of University Heights PD next.

And hopefully in the not to distant future, Lyndhurst, Mayfield Heights and Highland Heights PD will make the move over to the Ohio MARCS-IP 800 MHz trunked system. I mean as long as there’s an existing channel (”Hillcrest Area Police 1/Dispatch”) (TGID 13539 ) that appears to have already been assigned to them, I would’ve thought that that would provide these three LE agencies with some desire or incentive on their part to let go of their legacy systems. (Note: I’m NOT blind to the reality that gravitating to a state of the art communication system is in anyway cost effective. Hopefully, these agencies as well as others will be able to obtain funding in one form or another from Uncle Sam but that’s probably asking way to much.)

Swipesy

Remember the politics of Dispatcher Jobs that was the sticking point for Beachwood. That comes into play with the communities who have not joined a Trunking System and combined dispatch center. Each city is a fiefdom.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing Oakwood PD dispatching on TG 56804. Base 984 cars 55xx. Possible Walton Hills is also on this TG but not 100% on that.
I'm hearing Oakwood FD dispatching on TG 56807. Base 671.
Testing on TG 56805.
I think we should listen for a couple more days before submitting.

SirScottyM

Premium Subscriber
TG 56064 is listed as Utility in the database. I work at the airport, and verified that this talk group is vehicle maintenance. While, Iit can be classified as a utility, I thought I would throw it out there as a more comprehensive listing.

Also, TG 56057 is field maintenance (my department). Any time there is a snow event, that is the channel we use. It can get pretty comical if you are sitting at home watching the snow fall, give it a listen. 56066 is listed as "Airfield Snow Operations". That one is generally pretty boring, as it is Operations talking to "Snow Dog" and the foremen leading the troops.

Field Maintenance 2, 3 and 4 are rarely used. 2 is used if we have a lot of traffic on 1, and there is a separate crew doing something else in the field and will need frequent communications. 3 and 4 are never really used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hummer8290

Premium Subscriber
Seems like UH has switched to the cleveland system if anyone has spotted the TG for it