Greater Vancouver - CYVR System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

So now that ECOMM is no longer monitorable by any conventional means, has anybody done any work on the CYVR trunking system in their spare time? I have programmed in the two DMR trunks that are listed and although I can hear a fair amount of chatter when I head out to Richmond, I am missing a fair amount of replies etc which leads me to believe that not all the info is here in the database. I have even loaded up 3 different scanners simultaneously just to try and see if I can figure out the channel order.

Does anyone know if the "temporary" trunk has been amalgamated into the old one or what the correct trunking channel order would be?

dwc

Database Admin
Thanks for the reminder, I have been meaning to re-validate these systems and make the appropriate DB changes. When I checked a month or so ago there were still three separate systems. Their radio contractor shifted some LCN's around a number of months ago on the temp system (which are currently reflected in the DB) but they may have been messed with it yet again.

Cheers

Muffin

Thanks for the reminder, I have been meaning to re-validate these systems and make the appropriate DB changes. When I checked a month or so ago there were still three separate systems. Their radio contractor shifted some LCN's around a number of months ago on the temp system (which are currently reflected in the DB) but they may have been messed with it yet again.

Cheers
Any update on this yet? I was out at YVR this morning again and have located a number of missing talkgroups. Still not hearing the entire convos which leads me to believe there are still holes in the system.

Cheers!

Muffin

I was out at YVR trying to scan this system again today. I thought I might get smart and add the "second site - Fairmont" to the sites to be scanned seeing as they are using it as a back up. Seemed logical to me rather than enabling two different scan banks in my scanner. I also have a scanner bank that has all of the known (TAFL) YVR trunk frequencies (including the Fairmont site) and had that enabled too.

So here's what I noticed:

Talkgroups 1027 and 1028 (Electrical and Ops) were both showing up on the open frequency bank as Slot 2 Color Code 6. The first frequency wass 857.3125 followed by the next response on 856.6625. Conversly, Talkgroup 1029 (OPS B) shows up on 866.0375 at Slot 1 Color Code 9 and the response is the same slot and color code on 857.8125.

Now here is where it got interesting...

Talkgroup 1034 (Security A) is Slot 1 Color Code 10 on 857.8125 and the response comes back on the same frequency of 857.8125 but the slot has changed to Slot 2 and the Color Code has changed to Color Code 7.

Talkgroup 1050 (Wildlife Control) is also Slot 1 on Color Code 10 (same as security) and the ERS OPS Site 1 is Slots 1 & 2 on Color Code 11. Thei ERS DISPATCH was on Slot 1 Color Code 7 on 858.3125.

The United Airlines Talkgroup 2104 was on Slot 2 and Color Code 5 on 851.4375.

Does anyone out there know all the frequencies for this system in the correct order and / or have any insight as how to scan this system(s) for best results? Once in a while the two-site trunk I had programmed in lit up with some activity but it seemed few and far between - snippets really - but when it worked it worked well. I knew I was missing stuff on the trunk because it would show up on the frequency banks instead. So I must be close? Does any of today's info I am providing lend a hand to solving this?

Being as scanning in the Lower Mainland seems to have gone the way of the DoDo bird with the encryption of E-Comm I would like to think someone out there has directed their attention elsewhere. With the onset of snow on our local ski hills I have had fun scanning for and confirming the radio activity on our local mountains (Cypress, Grouse and Seymour) and have recently come back from a road trip to Hemlock Valley and Sun Peaks. But I would like to be able to scan YVR when I'm in the Richmond area.

Anyone?

BC_Scan

The secret seems to be in the CC. It seems to tell the tale of the LCN position. The last time I was there before the second site was added, I did analyze on my BCD436HP and got all 13 in correct LCN. Now that a 2nd physical site exists and the analog is still in use on old freqs. that has to be factored in too.
Now, all of a sudden 866 freq cc9 which was Emerg use exclusively is now in mix, it will need to be re-mapped. If you have Uniden series scanner, put them all in in any order than run analyzer for an hour while you walk around Macarthur Glen.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I was out at YVR trying to scan this system again today. I thought I might get smart and add the "second site - Fairmont" to the sites to be scanned seeing as they are using it as a back up. Seemed logical to me rather than enabling two different scan banks in my scanner. I also have a scanner bank that has all of the known (TAFL) YVR trunk frequencies (including the Fairmont site) and had that enabled too.

So here's what I noticed:

Talkgroups 1027 and 1028 (Electrical and Ops) were both showing up on the open frequency bank as Slot 2 Color Code 6. The first frequency wass 857.3125 followed by the next response on 856.6625. Conversly, Talkgroup 1029 (OPS B) shows up on 866.0375 at Slot 1 Color Code 9 and the response is the same slot and color code on 857.8125.

Now here is where it got interesting...

Talkgroup 1034 (Security A) is Slot 1 Color Code 10 on 857.8125 and the response comes back on the same frequency of 857.8125 but the slot has changed to Slot 2 and the Color Code has changed to Color Code 7.

Talkgroup 1050 (Wildlife Control) is also Slot 1 on Color Code 10 (same as security) and the ERS OPS Site 1 is Slots 1 & 2 on Color Code 11. Thei ERS DISPATCH was on Slot 1 Color Code 7 on 858.3125.

The United Airlines Talkgroup 2104 was on Slot 2 and Color Code 5 on 851.4375.

Resources(frequency and slot) on a DMR trunk system are dynamically allocated on an as needed basis.

You will find it easier to run a control channel decoding program, rather than try to run down the system with potentially incomplete database information.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
the secret seems to be in the CC, its seems to tell the tale of the LCN position

That is exactly what the control channel does. The turning controller assigns frequency/slot, and the control channel it what passes that info to the subscribers.

Muffin

So do we know what the control channel and correct LCNs are? I'm currently running a Whistler with the DMR upgrade. Sadly i don't have the ability to "map" the system. Anybody else up for a challenge? It shouldn't be that hard.

Muffin

If that info is available then the option to choose to scan 'any' slot and 'any' cc should work by merely programming in the talkgroup ID right? (example: TG 1234)

Status
Not open for further replies.