Greatest Guitarists of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjrjr507

Hendrix, no way! Phil Keaggy would eat eat him alive. Keaggy is an master guitarist, bar none, period! Check him out on youtube.

af0h

Hendrix, no way! Phil Keaggy would eat eat him alive. Keaggy is an master guitarist, bar none, period! Check him out on youtube.
Another is Donald Roeser (Buck Dharma) of the Blue Oyster Cult. Listen to some of their early Live albums. He is truly a master!

mike_gain

I don't think there is a "Best Guitarist" or Top 10,100, or 500. Just a bunch of really, really, really great ones. How can one compare different styles as to which one's the best? My favorite guitarist has changed many times over the years and still continues to change.

hesti

I don't think there is a "Best Guitarist" or Top 10,100, or 500. Just a bunch of really, really, really great ones. How can one compare different styles as to which one's the best? My favorite guitarist has changed many times over the years and still continues to change.
i agree. and there is no way to measure it, as technique is not everything. there are many heavy metal guitar gods who don't have the feel of someone like jimmy page.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
We did indeed lose a great guitar master!

Donald "Duck" Dunn was one of the best. He and Cropper, Al Jackson (drums), and Booker T (organ) had a great hit with "Time is Tight". (a side note that Al Jackson was probably THE best drummer of his time. The Beattles loved him and the other three members of the Booker T and The M.G.s)
R.I.P. "Duck"

mike_gain

Kudo's to Joe B. Check out the youtube videos when he was 12 years old. I would like to see him come to Merlefest sometime.

kma371

QRT
Eddie VanHalen and the thread can be closed.

Most underated guitarist:

Rik Emmett of Triumph.
Yeah that's what I said earlier but your the only one that agreed. I saw them about a month ago and he was SPOT ON!

DrDiablo

You can say that again

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Don't forget Joe Bonamassa.

He's not too well know, but he's getting there!
Those two you picked John are also great guitarists; it's really impossible to say who is the greatest, but we know at least 12 or so badass pickers!

Forgive me you all, I just noticed that post number 10 (mine) had already put Joe Bonamassa in the lime light.
The heat, Florida living, and not my age caused me a mental laps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.