GRECOM CES Jan 7th-10th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile1

Had a look at GRE's website and saw this about their booth at CES : " some new additions to the GRE family that will definitely spark your interest." " Stay tuned for more information." So any ideas about what new scanners they may have there? Are any of you going to be there? Found this information at : www.greamerica.com/ces20102.html

jpryor

I will be there at CES. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to cover the show from both a professional perspective as well as check out things from a hobbyist, enthusiast and personal perspective. While not being occupied by topics related to my day job, I'm planning to check out a variety of exhibitors and other interesting sessions. I'll also be sure to slide by the GRE booth, I suspect that there won't be much more for display than what they had at the Dayton Hamvention. But maybe they'll have an future iScan digital prototype or other future GRE branded models. Anyone else from here going to be in Vegas for the show?

brandon

Database Admin
I just received this email newsletter from GRE

GRE will be unveiling .......! see you at CES!
We hope you were able to take advantage of the FREE PASS for 2010 CES. We encourage you to stop by GRE booth # 37008 in the South Hall 4. We will unveil a revolutionary technology that will change the Scanner Hobby for years to come.

About GRE!. GRE has always been on the cutting edge of RF Technology and the Scanning industry for many year and we will continue in 2010. Manually programming a Scanner will be a thing of the past.

Racing fans should also stop by to see the unveiling of ...............!

Las Vegas Convention Center

CES Schedule:

Thursday, January 7: 10 am - 6 pm.
Friday, January 8: 9 am - 6 p.m.
Saturday, January 9: 9 am - 6 pm.
Sunday, January 10: 9 am - 4 pm.

W2SJW

Database Admin
No, he's not. That's the same newsletter I got - they are deliberately leaving out the prime part of the announcement!

Got my interest peaked!

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
My guess...

a digital iScan unit (based on that "manually programming will be a thing of the past")
or maybe even just the GRE version of the Pro-107 and unveiling it as new

and a racing scanner

I just received this email newsletter from GRE

GRE will be unveiling .......! see you at CES!
We hope you were able to take advantage of the FREE PASS for 2010 CES. We encourage you to stop by GRE booth # 37008 in the South Hall 4. We will unveil a revolutionary technology that will change the Scanner Hobby for years to come.

.... Manually programming a Scanner will be a thing of the past.

Racing fans should also stop by to see the unveiling of ...............!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I got that too today - came here to see if it was posted up. Not a fan of Vegas so I aint going but it'll be nice to see what they have up their sleeves.
I bet its iSCAN Digital and future stuff.

robsterw

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess a new scanner with bluetooth integration for voice/data usage.
Plus maybe it'll be a touchscreen interface? Similar to what the kids are using these days. (A callback to guesses made from previous announcements). Just speculating :p

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
TDMA? Bluetooth? Im guessing your going to be very disapponted when they announce the GRE version of the Pro-107 iScan unit. Biggest news will probably be a digital iScan on display.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess a new scanner with bluetooth integration for voice/data usage.
Plus maybe it'll be a touchscreen interface? Similar to what the kids are using these days. (A callback to guesses made from previous announcements). Just speculating :p

safetyobc

I'm thinking a new base/mobile will be released. I don't think we'll see a digital iScan just yet, but we might. I think an iScan type base/mobile will likely be introduced. Just my shot in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.