GRECOM newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyhooker

I attempted to program Motorolla P25 Astro System (Bell Fleetnet Ont Zone II) into my new to me 600, but I can't make it talk. I'm not that computer savvy so I use the key pad. I've got years of experience with UNIDEN but this doesn't help a bit!

When I set it to scan I see the signal strength is not an issue, but I can't get any activity. Please help.

Thanks,
Happyhooker

Deeke

Have you entered any talk groups?
If you want to "search" for new talk groups or don't know any, enter the "*" wildcard to that system and let it search for un programed groups (GRE refers to them as objects)

happyhooker

Started with a clean slate. Enterd only 1 Object TGRP and left it as default Wildcard. For TSYS setup I enter as Motorolla VHF/UHF System. ( when analyzed on MAN this is the only way my tower shows up) Tried it as P25 AUTO and P25 MANUAL but neither gives any data when I scroll thru the list to my towers Control Channel. Entered Control Channels(Blue & Red from RREF.COM Tables) and TTABLE data (Offset, Base and Step) But have no info for Lo Chan: and Hi Chan: settings. Do these refer to frequencies, talk groups or ???

ibagli

For a Motorola system, the channels run from 380 to 759. The Lo Chan is the same as the offset. The Hi Chan is the next offset minus 1 (or 759 if it's the last entry). So for Fleetnet, the Lo/Hi channels are 380/578, 579/631, and 632/759.

Status
Not open for further replies.