GRECOM PSR-200U Discriminator Audio Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5MOB

So I am having some audio issues with our 145.210 repeater we have the Asterisk VoIP system on. The audio coming in sounds perfect, but the audio going out over the VoIP link sounds raspy. I have checked the levels with the service monitor and built a few audio interfaces using different means of AC coupling and voltage dividers to no advil!

So I was sure I was having a issue interfacing with the fusion repeater similar to what we had with the 147.015. I needed a means of testing the system with a local audio source from a receive radio that was not a fusion machine. "K3MOE" Monique Lambert's uncle had given us a few scanners he had sitting around when we first got our Ham Tickets a few years ago. So I grabbed one of them and popped it open. After a quick examination of the internals it looked like IC4 a TK10931V was the flux capacitor per say. So a quick look at the data sheet for the TK10931V showed pin 12 was the FM Detector Out.

Well Some Wire, 1/8 Mono Phone Jack, and a bit of solder and we now have a functional Discriminator Audio Output from the scanner! I took this down to the repeater site and bypassed the internal receiver in the fusion repeater and programmed a single memory into the scanner for the repeater input frequency. I tuned the DSP in Asterisks with the service monitor and got a report of perfect audio on the link!

So the next project will be to figure out why I can't get good audio from the onboard fusion repeater receiver!

K5MOB

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.