Grecom PSR-500 hand held scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichCap

Hi Everyone
Can somebody help me? When I turn on my scanner it says nothing enabled. Then when I hit the program button a code comes up 22401F-2247 and I cant figure out what to do next

Any advice
Rich

ScannerSK

Was your scanner working recently and suddenly stopped? Are you trying to program it for the first time? Have you ever programmed this scanner? Do you program it by hand or using software? I'm just trying to determine if you are a newbie to this scanner or familiar with it?

Have you tried any of the "Power-On Configuration Key Sequences" listed on page 94 of the manual?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Press the Wx button and see if you can receive NOAA weather broadcasts. When you press SCAN, you may need to enable lists; you do that by pressing the number keys 0-9. However, if nothing is programmed and/or assigned to those lists, you get the message you posted. This model does not work out of the box, you MUST program it to scan channels (weather and search will function). Programming is complex, depending on exactly what you want to monitor, and most of us these days use software to do the programming. There are 3 major programs available. Read the manual and/or check the Wiki here on RR for more info.

RichCap

Was your scanner working recently and suddenly stopped? Are you trying to program it for the first time? Have you ever programmed this scanner? Do you program it by hand or using software? I'm just trying to determine if you are a newbie to this scanner or familiar with it?

Have you tried any of the "Power-On Configuration Key Sequences" listed on page 94 of the manual?
still having no luck

RichCap

Press the Wx button and see if you can receive NOAA weather broadcasts. When you press SCAN, you may need to enable lists; you do that by pressing the number keys 0-9. However, if nothing is programmed and/or assigned to those lists, you get the message you posted. This model does not work out of the box, you MUST program it to scan channels (weather and search will function). Programming is complex, depending on exactly what you want to monitor, and most of us these days use software to do the programming. There are 3 major programs available. Read the manual and/or check the Wiki here on RR for more info.
still having no luck
still having no luck
Usually that means you don't have any scanlists (aka "banks") enabled. Has it been programmed yet?

GTO_04
still having no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.