Grecom PSR-700 Support

k5gud

Premium Subscriber
Is there any support for the Grecom PSR-700 anymore? I have been given one, downloaded the EZ-Scan program but can't get the frequency database to update. I just keep getting and error saying it's been permanently moved. Just wondering if this scanner is end of life and just worth throwing away.

Thanks

Jay

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
You have to manually do it

From Whistler support: We have even experienced issues with the Whistler EZ Scan app recently as a result of the security changes.

The GRE and RadioShack programming apps are no longer supported, however you can obtain an updated library using the Whistler Handheld PC app (Ezscan for the ws1080) then transfer the DB files to your non supported pc app.
Download and open the Whistler WS1080 PC App from Whistlergroup.com
Run a library update.
Then go to your My Documents folder > Whistler 1080 Digital > DB and copy the contents of this folder.
Replace the files in your GRE or Pro668 Digital DB folder with the files copied from the Whistler 1080 digital DB folder.
Launch your GRE or RadioShack pc app and you will have the latest Library, however the STOCK GRE or RadioShack models do not support these dmr objects so it is best to go and delete all DMR via ezscan/iscan Or avoid having to do all this by getting the Whistler Legacy upgrade...Details for the official DMR LEGACY Upgrade program is available at whistlergroup.com/products/upgrade