Greenbrier County

CDMELARA

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I am new on here and have listened on Broadcastify in the past. Is there any other sites I can try to listen through? The only one on Broadcastify doesn't have all the frequencies, and I would like to hear more if possible. I use my laptop to listen, I don't have a scanner of my own.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums: As far as online streams go, Broadcastify is the foremost option for most agencies. If you want to hear beyond what the feed provides, invest in a scanner. This way you have control over what you listen to & you're not at a feed provider's mercy in the event a major event happens in your area and the feed goes offline or the feed provider isn't available to stop their scanner on the talkgroup(s) being utilized for that event. Database says your county operates on the trunked radio system listed below so at the minimum you'll need a scanner that can trunk track P25 Phase-I. Talkgroups in your county are "in the clear" so you won't have to worry about encryption (...yet) See list of supported scanners here (FDMA at minimum, TDMA will also work)

There are also analog conventional frequencies listed on your county's page below (not sure what if anything is still active, a local will have to chime in)

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Some channels, such as those used for SWAT or dedicated to a serious incident (called TAC channels) are not allowed on Broadcastify. I echo the recommendation to buy a scanner if you want to hear more. West Virginia is upgrading its digital system to P25 Phase 2 in some places, so I would suggest getting a scanner capable of Phase 2 to be prepared for the future. Also, some agencies in Greenbrier are still using conventional analog frequencies, but a digital scanner will give you the ability to monitor both digital and analog.