Greenbrook Twp Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello everyone, I want to thank everyone who help me with Greenbrook and Somerset County questions over the past couple of years its great to get tips from people who know an area.

Here is my question When Greenbrook has a fire I am sure there not using the same talk group
they use to respond where would I look for there fire ground operations ?

Also does anyone know where I could find there Mutual Aid plan ? who would be the departments to
assist them on Fire and EMS Mutual Aid ?

Also when there are brush firs in Green Brook do they call in the Forest Fire Service to
assist them, if so any information on that would be helpful as well.

Thank You Everyone in advance.

Tony M.
Harrison, NJ

W2SJW

Database Admin
GBFD pretty much has FIRE REGION 3 all to themselves. Watchung was on there for a short period of time when they had radio issues on their 460MHz repeater.

Unless already used on another incident, most towns use the OPS channel with the same number as their region. I don't think the NJFFS sees much action in that town.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Hello everyone, I want to thank everyone who help me with Greenbrook and Somerset County questions over the past couple of years its great to get tips from people who know an area.

Here is my question When Greenbrook has a fire I am sure there not using the same talk group
they use to respond where would I look for there fire ground operations ?

Also does anyone know where I could find there Mutual Aid plan ? who would be the departments to
assist them on Fire and EMS Mutual Aid ?

Also when there are brush firs in Green Brook do they call in the Forest Fire Service to
assist them, if so any information on that would be helpful as well.

Thank You Everyone in advance.

Tony M.
Harrison, NJ

For Green Brook Fire, they utilize Fire Region 3.
For Green Brook EMS, they utilize EMS Region 2. However, they are covered during the day by SMC EMS on EMS Region 1.
For Green Brook PD, they utilize PD Region 4.

Green Brook Fire typically uses Fire Ops 3 for ground operations. As W2SJW stated, they pretty much have Region 3 and Ops 3 to themselves (though occasionally, you'll hear traffic from North Plainfield and Watchung FDs on them, but it is very uncommon).

I do not have access to their mutual aid plan right now, however I can tell you from experience working in GB that for larger fires, they typically call in Dunellen, Middlesex, and North Plainfield. For the bigger ones, you tend to see Warren and Watchung get pulled into the mix. For higher alarms, the MACs usually take over and butcher their own alarm plans and start calling whatever they feel like. As far as brush fires, Green Brook really doesn't have that much brush... it's highly developed. However, I have seen them come in before. But it's not a common occurrence.

EMS mutual aid for GB EMS is almost exclusively SMC EMS, and when they're not available, they kind of just call everyone next door until someone shows up (usually Dunellen or Middlesex).

Hope that helps!

mondaro

Feed Provider
Wow, both great post, thanks for the info, I have a family member that lives up near Washington Rock, Been monitoring up there for over the past year, Boss also gave me some good information but do you ever feel like when your monitoring you have the feeling your missing something especially when you not from that area, Thanks again for your insight, huge help !!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.